WMP 10

Freak4Dell

Can I use VLite to install WMP 10 on Vista? I really hate WMP 11, so if I just leave it out during the install, can I just go back and install 10 after the OS is done installing? I was going to give it a try tomorrow, but if anybody has done this exact thing, and failed, let me know...and why as well.

Nope, sorry it won't work at all. :(

1 - When you remove WMP you REMOVE it. That means you can't easily install it back. In some rare, and I mean super rare, cases people have gotten WMP to install on a XP nLited install where they removed WMP.

2 - WMP10 is dead and MS has hardcoded the installer to only work on certain versions of Windows. Vista (Or XP SP3 for that matter) definatly is not in that code. It will completely refuse to install.

3 - Look into alternatives like WMP lite or VLC or even the old Media Player Classic.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

MPC won't work because I have a large library, and need something that will actually keep it all organized.

I don't like VLC. I'll give WMP Lite a try, but I doubt it will work for me.

I need WMP 10 because I love the UI of it. The expandable lists in the navigation pane on the left are the best feature of it. I was really disappointed when they got rid of that in 11. If 11 had that, I'd use 11.

Thanks, though. I'll try and figure something else out.

Edited by Freak4Dell

MPC won't work because I have a large library, and need something that will actually keep it all organized.

I need WMP 10 because I love the UI of it. The expandable lists in the navigation pane on the left are the best feature of it. I was really disappointed when they got rid of that in 11. If 11 had that, I'd use 11.

WMP11 supports skins.I think i even spotted a skin that resebles WMP10.

Please try Winamp then! It's much better then any of the WMP players and you can organize your library, rip CD's to MP3!, Burn CD's, Listen to online Radio stations and even transfer songs to many portable MP3 players including the horrible iPod!