Problem creating a full up-to-date XP SP3 disc

iamentity

Ill attach some pics of the hotfix order and how nLite sees the SP3 slipstream. Basically, 2 high-priority HFs that I want and tried to install (KB951376 and KB923789) did not work.

As well, a bit of a bug, I had updates set to OFF, and after slipstreaming SP3, updates were set to FULL AUTO.

Um... how do you attach images here?

Psssst.... poll center is for polls ;) I'd recommend posting this sort of thing in the nLite or Windows XP areas. A mod can move it for you :)

To attach an image, you have to be in a part of the forum where you can attach images. Then there will be an attachment link right below the window where you compose text.

Welcome to MSFN! :D

Hopefully your questions will get answered and you'll be able to help some others while you're here. :hello:

Well, I have been doing this the last few days using nLite. I started by slipstreaming SP3 into XP Home SP2 files. I then installed the OS using a virtual machine to see what updates I needed.

Windows Update asked me to install -

-KB898461

-KB950760

-KB950759

-KB950762

-KB951376

-KB942763

-KB890830

-KB951213

-KB923789

I also slipstreamed WMP11 into the installation using the slipstreamer found here. I also slipstreamed the updates listed at the bottom of that page.

It also asked me to install .NET Framework 1.1, 2, and Silverlight (I don't believe any of these can be directy slipstreamed into the disk. You have to run the installer at first login or something.) If you slipstream the updates listed above, you should have an up to date install disk.

I did notice a problem. Neither Windows Update nor Microsoft Update displayed .NET Framework 3 as an optional update. It isn't included in SP3, so I am not sure why it doesn't show up. I know it isn't installed because I don't see it in Add/Remove Programs. I guess it is just something you have to remember to install.

@ cardude

Well, I have been doing this the last few days using nLite. I started by slipstreaming SP3 into XP Home SP2 files. I then installed the OS using a virtual machine to see what updates I needed.

<quote>

Windows Update asked me to install -

----->-KB898461<------

-KB950760

-KB950759

-KB950762

-KB951376

----->-KB942763<------

----->-KB890830<------

-KB951213

----->-KB923789 <------

</quote>

nLite will refuse the upadtes older dan SP3 when this is allready integrated. Just ONLY after KB95xxxx.

About .NET the answer is hier.

Edited by Raspro