Vistapack 2.6 released

damian666

i run it from there, because i use the same function on uninstall...

i cant run it from the tools folder, because it is uninstalled then, so i copy it to temp.

that way i dont have to write seperate functions for the same thing...

only fix i can give ATM, is switch of the reloader in the options tab, that will end your irratations :P

just run it manually after a update and your fine, only then you will see thatmessage.

i will see if i can get that behavior out for next version.

Thanx for reporting man

Damian666

:thumbup VistaPack2.5 LooksGreat on W2KAdvSrv.......,but maybe make TrueTransparency an "option-with an uninstaller?"for users :hello: thanks :<There's a NT Tweak,NT RegAnalyzer Program for W2K and it seems to help when its used with problem area's in Win2000;*Though,it's a USB-FlashDrive Program from U3 LaunchPad for Sandisk Products :sneaky:http://u3.sandisk.com/

only fix i can give ATM, is switch of the reloader in the options tab, that will end your irratations :P

just run it manually after a update and your fine, only then you will see thatmessage.

i will see if i can get that behavior out for next version.

Thanx for reporting man

You're welcome Damian. The solution for me was to restore files, uninstall pack and then reinstall it from a non volatile location. However even after that, I have uninstalled again 'cause for some reason several of the file patches do not succeed on my system whatever and I don't want it badly enough to take the time to debug this. I have seen enough of it that I can say, nice job ! I'll remember to try the next version, for sure, and oh! I have kept the nice screen background image. Can we download the original image, without the MS Windows logo and version ?

--

Ninho

Hi,

I've to report some other possibly bug, or maybe it's just a not so successful integration in my source. Using the i386 patching option, I've noticed that the bitmap in the "scheduled tasks" wizard is not displayed (using reshacker I can see that the image is replaced, but is not displayed running the apps). The resource is located in the mstask.dll. Also, I've noticed that the bitmap in the wiaacmgr.dll folder are with blue and green gradient.

This is strange... I'm pretty sure this problem has been reported in previous versions, but I thought it had been fixed in 2.5.

Anyway... The "New partition" Wizard doesn't show the bitmap correctly:

newpartitionxj0.th.jpgthpix.gif

Another thing I recently noticed, the the Windows Logo in "About Windows" is a little stretched... I found that these bitmaps are in shell32.dll (147.bmp and 149.bmp).

logostretchhx0.th.jpgthpix.gif

There is a correct bitmap of the same format (413x72) in msgina.dll (128.bmp), but i think the text "2002-2007" is too close to the logo. I can try make a better one if you want... But I see that you're testing 2.6 right now, maybe you want to wait 2.7 for this?

:hello:

PS Sometimes Imageshack really drives me MAD :realmad:

Edited by Smiley89

well, testing yes, to late to include fixes? no.

testing is for finding this stuff, and take them out.

so your welcome to make me one, if you can...

and what file is that dialog in? the one thats to low i mean?

i really want to take out all bugs, because if i am correct, this is going ot be the last large update i will ever do of the vistapack.

not because i quit, but because the beta of windows 7 is almost here so :P you feel him right?

we are going to get a windows 7 pack after this :D

so to all, please report as much as possible, so we have a steady base to build the new pack on :)

what features? yeah, would you like to know :D

Damian666

well, testing yes, to late to include fixes? no.

testing is for finding this stuff, and take them out.

so your welcome to make me one, if you can...

and what file is that dialog in? the one thats to low i mean?

For the "partition wizard", maybe the problem is located in some bitmap of the "dmdlgs.dll" resources. And I don't know how this file is used, but you can check also the bitmap in the "srrstr.dll"? Thanks.

The too long bitmaps in "New Partition" wizard are in dmdlgs.dll, as okram98pive suggested.

For the logo in "About Windows", i made two versions: a generic "Windows XP" logo for all editions, and one with dedicated logos (Embedded, Home, Professional).

This is the generic one:

131ox0.png

And these are the different editions:

147hk2.png

131pq0.png

149yh5.png

I made one zip file for each edition with all the bitmaps needed to be replaced (they're both on SkyDrive).

Generic

Dedicated (Home, Professional, Embedded)

PS I removed the 2002-2007 text, so it's not necessary to change the date once a year (and IMHO because it looks better) :D

PPS I posted the full-size images because I think they're small enough... correct me if I'm wrong :rolleyes:

Edited by Smiley89

Just rebuilt my PC, & decided to try out this pack. Installed normally & the look of it is VERY nice.

However, I wanted to revert back to the non-custom font, but when I tried to run the VistaPack.exe to select uninstall custom font, it got an error msg & it would not open. So then I decided to uninstall it & reinstall to see if that fixes it, but after uninstallation, & a reboot, I am seeing everything as it was before! Same font start & logoff screens, etc

Nlited XPPro, SP3 etc.

I assumed like the BricoPacks, that there would be a config option.

Thanks for any help, am hoping to solve the problem & reinstall.

hmm... so you tell me there is nothing uninstalled??? O.o

what AV where you running? most AV's block autoit scripts you know...

and uninstall of the font should work without problems man... thats just a simple case of regentry and filecopy...

nothing fance or anything so...

hmm, some more info please...

Damian666

@smiley, like wauw man, those are nice :D

thanx alot :D

Edited by damian666

hmm... so you tell me there is nothing uninstalled??? O.o

what AV where you running? most AV's block autoit scripts you know...

and uninstall of the font should work without problems man... thats just a simple case of regentry and filecopy...

nothing fance or anything so...

hmm, some more info please...

Damian666

@smiley, like wauw man, those are nice :D

thanx alot :D

Well, ran the uninstall.exe from the folder, as there wasn't one in the Start Menu folder for it, and saw the icon list as it supposedly removed everything. Both login & logoff screen remain as do all icons. The font seems to show solely in Thunderbird, but have tried changing the font within it & it doesn't change.

I use Avast free a/v, along with Superantispyware & Comodo firewall.

I'm by no means an expert on these type of apps, but I have used Xpize, Bricopacks etc without issues in the past.

I really dig the look of this one, & only want to figure out why it didn't give me a configure option after install & why it won't completely uninstall. Perhaps I should shut off all "protect" apps & do a reinstall?

Appreciate any help, with thanks

so you have run the uninstaller directly, without using the patcher???

dude, why the hell do you think i hide that uninstaller??? O.o

your not supposed to run that yourself...

****... that means your f***ed...

no way of uninstalling anymore man, you just deleted the backupfiles...

i really dont know what to do now man... didnt you read the helpfile?

Damian666

so you have run the uninstaller directly, without using the patcher???

dude, why the hell do you think i hide that uninstaller??? O.o

your not supposed to run that yourself...

****... that means your f***ed...

no way of uninstalling anymore man, you just deleted the backupfiles...

i really dont know what to do now man... didnt you read the helpfile?

Damian666

I wrote:

However, I wanted to revert back to the non-custom font, but when I tried to run the VistaPack.exe to select uninstall custom font, it got an error msg & it would not open

I looked in the Start menu folder for it & tried to run the Vistapack, but it just crashed.

oh well, no worries, looks like I will just wipe the drive & reinstall XP & use something else next time.

Thanks for your help.

Just curious...if I were to reinstall VistaPack again, would it repair what's broken, or further bollocks it?

No it would not repair it because when you install Vista Pack it create backup of original files, but since you uninstalled it backups were removed and now you can not restore to previous state.

@damian666

Hey, sorry for not responding on MSN, my brother ways using computer, not me.

Cheers ;)