Vistapack 2.6 released

damian666

well, as far as i see... i have to figure out what file is making WU do that, and take it out the pack...

thats all i can do for now.

i hope i can build a exclude list in the patcher, but maybe i just have to start again...

and build a new patcher from the ground up, new things learned, and new things found in Autoit so :D

i will think about it man.

and the logoff text is certainly a thing that can be improved, want to see?

you as fellow AI scripter? maybe we can figure it out together :D

Damian666

and the logoff text is certainly a thing that can be improved, want to see?

you as fellow AI scripter? maybe we can figure it out together :D

OK, I can try to help. Maybe you can send me part of code that handle removing that text so I can take a look and see if I can improve it.

Cheers ;)

Another suggestion, I saw that the icon in the upper corner of Windows Media Player 11 was still the default one.

So I searched in wmploc.dll to find and replace that icon.

I found many of WMP11's default icons in BMP format, I replaced them all to be sure.

And this is the result...

wmpsd5.png

I replaced original BMPs with ResourceHacker, as I don't know how to add them in the pack...

I attached a ZIP file with the Bitmaps to replace: 101.bmp, 2178.bmp, 4012.bmp and 4013.bmp in wmploc.dll.

I hope you like it ;)

PS I saw a long list of very old bitmaps in wmploc.dll (even some WMP8 resources!), and I don't even know if they're still used... :blink:

wmploc.zip

PS I saw a long list of very old bitmaps in wmploc.dll (even some WMP8 resources!), and I don't even know if they're still used... :blink:

I agree that there are many many old resources in wmploc.dll, and that something should be done about it. It's just idiotic that M$ left those, it's like they are doing that intentionally.

Another suggestion, I saw that the icon in the upper corner of Windows Media Player 11 was still the default one.

So I searched in wmploc.dll to find and replace that icon.

I found many of WMP11's default icons in BMP format, I replaced them all to be sure.

And this is the result...

wmpsd5.png

I replaced original BMPs with ResourceHacker, as I don't know how to add them in the pack...

I attached a ZIP file with the Bitmaps to replace: 101.bmp, 2178.bmp, 4012.bmp and 4013.bmp in wmploc.dll.

I hope you like it ;)

This is good suggestion. Damian you should definitely include this. Resource which needs to be replaced for this icon is 4012, but it won't hurt if you replace it all.

Cheers ;)

i got them Mara, and added them right away :D

can i write you up as a permanent tester?

Damian666

Sure, why not. :D

Cheers ;)

EDIT: I just looked at my Windows Media Player and I sow that all resources already suggested should be replaced, because with that replace icon in WMP when it's minimized in toolbar is replaced too, so it's cool.

Edited by mara-

Hi,

I've a problem with new vistapack and VistaLuna Basic theme by Pgase:

startblaga3.jpg

But I've solved replacing attached 143.bmp in explorer.exe (folder)

Can you Damian666 replace the bmp in next pack?

143.bmp

Edited by kontini

hmm... well you know... we not all use that theme, so i think i cant do that man.

it really is not a problem of the pack, more of that theme you see.

i never had that problem, so i think that guy has to fix his theme :D

sorry :D

Damian666