[Request] Generic SATA Driver for XP Pro 32bit (x86)

Stoner81

Ok folks I have heard that there is a Generic SATA driver out for XP Pro but I cant find it anywhere!!

Im trying to rework my XP DVD (due to a large amount of drivers) to include SATA drivers that will work on any system with a SATA drive.

So please please help me!!!!!!

Stoner81

EDIT - Sorry I think I have posted this in the wrong section my apologies if that is the case :(

Edited by Stoner81

Ok folks I have heard that there is a Generic SATA driver out for XP Pro but I cant find it anywhere!!

Im trying to rework my XP DVD (due to a large amount of drivers) to include SATA drivers that will work on any system with a SATA drive.

Stoner81

EDIT - Sorry I think I have posted this in the wrong section my apologies if that is the case :(

Doubtful, it'd have to work with every single SATA controller chip out there and there's dozens, if not hundreds, of different makes and models. There might be one that covers one manufacturer's family of chips, though.

What I've done is to include drivers for the most popular SATA chips on my boot disk, then do the driver chase if I run across one that's not included(usually laptop). A universal driver would be a Good Thing, just don't think it really exists. It's not like the days with floppy or ST506/402 controllers where the register interface was firmly defined.

Stan

Stoner81

Doubtful, it'd have to work with every single SATA controller chip out there and there's dozens, if not hundreds, of different makes and models. There might be one that covers one manufacturer's family of chips, though.

What I've done is to include drivers for the most popular SATA chips on my boot disk, then do the driver chase if I run across one that's not included(usually laptop). A universal driver would be a Good Thing, just don't think it really exists. It's not like the days with floppy or ST506/402 controllers where the register interface was firmly defined.

Stan

Are SATA drivers also known as Mass Storage drivers? there are some on driverpacks.net but not sure if they are the same??

Any chance you could upload the drivers (SATA) that you have included in your disk? They need to be for XP Pro 32bit version only though m8, thanks a million if you can do this for me it has driven me crazy trying to sort this out

Stoner81

Yup, but one topic with one post... I don't know :P

Well, the idea is that you try UNIATA, if it does not work, you try posting there, and maybe you get help.

Two possible scenario's explaining why there are no specific posts yet:

1) UNIATA release actually usable by final users is relatively recent

2) UNIATA gives no problems whatsoever ;)

3) users of UNIATA are computer savvy enough to solve their problems by themselves :thumbup

4) people which would have time enough to post there, use instead their time to comment the lack of posts :whistle:

(I'll share a secret with you: Boards start empty, and are filled later by the users' posts :rolleyes: )

...go try helping people... :wacko:

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

Are SATA drivers also known as Mass Storage drivers? there are some on driverpacks.net but not sure if they are the same??

Stoner81

Yes these are the sata (raid,etc) drivers you sould integrate in XP Pro 32bit.

It's under 30mb.

(detailed list of support:http://driverpacks.net/DriverPacks/devices.php?pag=m)

Edited by TechFind

There's not much of talking there :D

Hmmm, usually we prefer facts....;)

jaclaz

I think that over the years youve picked up my subtle way of answering questions :)

Gotta go, its Mozarella night....

@All

As for UniSATA, for anyone who thinks one pst doesnt mean theres no help available, the boot-land forums are full of some of the most knowledgable people wasting their lives on internet forums ive had the good grace to know. If it doesnt work for you, simply, as jaclaz points out, posy a message, it will get answered.

• 6 months later...

Anyone can tell me how to integrate uniata in textmode?

I only receive BSOD, i tried some tricks in txtsetup.sif like

put

uniata=uniata.sys,4
in the [sCSI.Load] section at the bottom list

Add all the Id's loaded by uniata in the [HardwareIdsDatabase] section

change PCI\CC_0101="pciide" for uniata

add PCI\CC_0106="uniata"

but not lucky

Anyone can tell me how to integrate uniata in textmode?

I only receive BSOD, i tried some tricks in txtsetup.sif like

put

uniata=uniata.sys,4
in the [sCSI.Load] section at the bottom list

Add all the Id's loaded by uniata in the [HardwareIdsDatabase] section

change PCI\CC_0101="pciide" for uniata

add PCI\CC_0106="uniata"

but not lucky

Here are some instructions on manual integration from Windows 2000.

It works the same exact way as XP.

You should really post a fresh thread for this question and NOT drag up old posts, but refer to them in your new one.

Good advice, so that info is spread in another post, info like fdv's one is probably not read by the member who started a new thread, etc......

Would this be related to Rule #9? :unsure:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=18408

For the record:

vhrc99

started a new thread here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=127744&hl=

jaclaz