VIRUS , IM INFECTED !

That's not a warning because it found something, it's basically spam to get you to use their product. Yes scan just in case (you should be doing so regularly anyway), but that's NOT an error message.

i kno its not an error msg, i was half way through a scan an i stopped it an ran system restore to yester day (way faster method) anyways, its gone now ...

i left a girl on my pc an u kno these women apparantly likes to click colorful stuf saying " you won"

i left a girl on my pc an u kno these women apparantly likes to click colorful stuf saying " you won"

That totally reminds me of this

i.e. I've seen plenty of guys doing just the same (hundreds), yet nobody goes "you know how men are dumb" when they did it...

Hi,

I had the same malware today and found a way to remove it.

1. Search your registry for "bapdfo.dll" and delete the {...} key (you'll probably find two entries)

2. Powerdown your PC, and start with a recovery CD which is able to remove files from a NTFS drive.

3. open a command prompt and remove the file "C:\WINDOWS\System32\bapdfo.dll"

4. Remove the recovery CD and restart you system.

That should do the trick...

Good luck.

Edited by bvdbooga

• 2 weeks later...

*thought i would throw this in there

On XP machines if i dont have a test machine i'll just scan with AVG, Adaware, Spybot, SpySweeper, Avast!, and then give it a run on Trend Micro's Housecall :-D...

all the smitfrauds and virtumonds are now picked up by Spybot 1.5 from what i've read :D!

Edited by Redhatcc

For one reason , If it is i've used spybot 10 times in different casses , 100 % percent of the time it didnt help :-(

Avg is kinna wack, i personally find

On XP machines if i dont have a test machine i'll just scan with AVG, Adaware, Spybot, SpySweeper, Avast!, and then give it a run on Trend Micro's Housecall :-D...

all the smitfrauds and virtumonds are now picked up by Spybot 1.5 from what i've read !

Thats a lot of stuff to put on my machine