Firefox 3.0.6 AdvancedINF Install

Acheron

i found an easier way depending on what your doing with it download the latest version use 7zip to extract it out create a cmd script with setup.exe /s and to install plugins and extent ion there should be three folders and just copy them from a previously installed one and copy across into the three folders and depending on os in vista C:/Users/(YOUR USER NAME)/appdata/Mozila or something like that maybee firefox then copy them into the correct folders then run the cmd script it should all install silently tada no real heavy coding just copy and paste

here's one i did for two but it works for 3 the same http://rapidshare.com/files/110260371/Fire...up_2.0.0.14.exe

if that wasn't clear PM me and i'll reexplain it clearer

Edited by lastowl

i found an easier way depending on what your doing with it download the latest version use 7zip to extract it out create a cmd script with setup.exe /s and to install plugins and extent ion there should be three folders and just copy them from a previously installed one and copy across into the three folders and depending on os in vista C:/Users/(YOUR USER NAME)/appdata/Mozila or something like that maybee firefox then copy them into the correct folders then run the cmd script it should all install silently tada no real heavy coding just copy and paste

lastowl,

It would be great if you could explain in more detail here in this thread so everyone can benefit from your information. :D

Edited by `Felix`

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanx for this great silent installation. I've been struggling with this one for long time.

After some practicing, i've found out that you can configure the browser the way you normally do. After configuring it the way you want, you can see the switches you have to fill in the firefox.cfg just by typing in the address bar: about:config

All the settings that you've changed are bold. very nice :-)

One thing that did not work for me was the option

[Firefox.Install]
"""%16422%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"" -silent -setDefaultBrowser"

I had to comment it out, because the browser showed me the import wizard, which is of course not what i want.

Your script really helped me thanx!!

Greetz Djseppie

The problem with Firefox is that this script worked fine for 3.0.1 release, but somehow the script conflicts with newer releases.

I have updated the script to work with Firefox 3.0.6. To avoid addons not getting installed I install the Addons after the main setup is complete and set as the default browser some time later. When Addons are installed directly after the "firefox.exe -silent -setDefaultBrowser" command the first addons were not processed.

To hide Internet Explorer and Outlook Express completely I also set in WinNT.sif the following options:

[Components]
IEAccess = Off
OEAccess = Off

• 2 weeks later...

I have already posted this in the twin Thunderbird installation, but just as well... A quickie for those who, like me, tried to install the app in a different folder using Acheron's .inf system: the /D=dir switch should be used together with /S in the Install.inf indicating the full path and without wrapping quotes.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Updated script to fix addon install problems By using the ini switch you now can specify install options. Also removed the Flash installer as you can simply include the extracted files into the Plugins and Components directories. I have confirmed the flash installer properly upgrades an existing installation for future releases.

Note if you use Thunderbird you should also use the updated script.

Edited by Acheron

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...