[Help] Slow network speeds

Hi all,

I am having an issue with my network connections running very slow.

Ex: transfering a 60mb file from computer#1 to computer#2, windows estimates to take 33min!!!

Look at the network resources used and it is something like 0.4% of 100mb connection.

I have a few systems, and I have tested with different network cords, direct crossover cable, switch and also a router. All are 100Full duplex and register as so on the router/switch.

This is painfully slow, and is going nowhere near the limit of the connection. Any help??

Thanks in advance

There are several things to look at, first, try setting the speed/duplex on all devices, including the switch to to 100/full. If you can, look at the interface on the switch and see if there are errors or packet drops. Remove any unnecessary protocols, only use TCP/IP. When you ping the other PC it should be less than 10ms for the round trip time. Lastly, if all else fails, download and install Wireshark from www.wireshark.org. This is a free and excellent network sniffer. You can capture the packets with this and see if there are retransmits or errors on the wire.