Acrobat Reader Pro vs Foxit

D_block

Foxit is a LOT more optimized for speed/performance.
I use Foxit almsot exclusively on all my machines. Its light and light in my book rules
I use Foxit PDF Reader. However, it doesn't seem to have manual text highlighting like Adobe Reader 8.

Basically foxit is motor car and adobe is a dump truck , the car sure is fast but it doesnt offer the services

..and if we are talking about READER and lightweight files, there is a "third way":

SUMATRAPDF

http://blog.kowalczyk.info/software/sumatrapdf/

completely and utterly portable.

jaclaz

i tried this one it sure is quick and portable

Edited by D_block

Basically foxit is motor car and adobe is a dump truck , the car sure is fast but it doesnt offer the services

It offers all the services, except the slideshow PDF and form PDF services, which is enough for probably 99% of users.

There is a Pro version which includes additional functionality but it isn't freeware (last time I checked).

And if something isn't supported currently it doesn't mean it will not be included in a future update.

There is a Pro version which includes additional functionality but it isn't freeware (last time I checked).

And if something isn't supported currently it doesn't mean it will not be included in a future update.

Well, I personally am comparing the free foxit reader to acrobat reader, not acrobat pro.

I mean, who's surprised a $450 app that's a full CD would have a few extra features than a 5MB freeware reader?

but its a fact, that if al of us here were sales men selling these products to comercial businesses adobe would be product of choice not because its name is out there but the fact that ppl in power like to have a lot of stuff they dont use .. lol

i like my pro reader cuz i can pdf tutorials online an couple other stuff that i dont like ppl editing , now take $450 when 1usd is 6.3 in mines :-(

i like my pro reader

Again, there is no such thing as "pro reader"! It's either: acrobat reader OR acrobat pro/standard/pro extended. There is NO pro reader.

Yes, the $450 app can make pdf files, but there's tons of other (and MUCH cheaper -- some are even completely free) solutions that can do that too.

pdf passwords are also easy to crack. there's software that can do it or use brute force to do it.

i use certificate security on my financial docs in pdf.

i haven't heard of being able to crack certificate security yet.

If you want to view and edit PDF files then PDF X-Change viewer maybe worth trying. It is feature packed and it is freeware or pay for a Pro version. I used it for several months but I am only interested in a reader so SumatraPDF is about all I need to read the occassional PDF file.