Did you know? ( About Windows Vista)

arvind_kumar

Windows Vista now supports 77,000 printers, cameras, speakers and other devices and components.

Over 2,700 software programs are now certified to work on Windows Vista, including 97 of the top 100 consumer applications.

62% of small business said Windows Vista saves them time, and 70% said that it makes them more productive, according to an independent survey.

More than 140 million copies of Windows Vista have already sold, making it the fastest selling operating system in Microsoft history.

71% of Windows Vista customers liked it better than their last operating system.

People who are familiar with Windows Vista are two to three times more likely to have a favorable impression.

Source: Microsoft Corporation :thumbup

Nice sales talk, some numbers they know as they made them there selves, but what people say about the product, and with that those numbers, is hard to beleve or prove. They must be talking about SP1 ;).

I favor Vista too by the way…

I've noticed that a significant number of people who bash vista have either never used it, or only used it for 10 minutes.

Or have never looked into what caused said problems, and just blamed it on Vista.

Or have never looked into what caused said problems, and just blamed it on Vista.

Excellent first posting!! :thumbup

Also, did you know that the number of drivers included with Vista after using vLite drops significantly? :rolleyes: (Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :whistle: )

I've noticed that a significant number of people who bash vista have either never used it, or only used it for 10 minutes.

I think that makes up the majority of them too.

Totally. But then again, they've always done that. Again, someone today calling XP a "dreadful OS" because the upgrade from Win ME didn't work out so great...

The same as people have driver problems causing BSODs -- no way they'd blame the hardware makers, they go on about how windows sucks. It's all MS' fault!

Totally. But then again, they've always done that. Again, someone today calling XP a "dreadful OS" because the upgrade from Win ME didn't work out so great...

The same as people have driver problems causing BSODs -- no way they'd blame the hardware makers, they go on about how windows sucks. It's all MS' fault!

MS should consider changing the BSOD so that it clearly states what caused the BSOD in huge letters at the top.

This BSOD brought to you by: <Insert Hardware Manufacturer Here>.

Then Nothing else on the screen.

Or try to run it on substandard/minimum specs. Do you remember how Windows 2000 ran on minimum specs?

People just complain - it's what people do. People said the same types of things about XP at RTM (and even SP1) - it was slow, bloated, ugly, didn't run older apps right, etc.

Now it's the greatest thing since sliced bread :).

People just complain - it's what people do. People said the same types of things about XP at RTM (and even SP1) - it was slow, bloated, ugly, didn't run older apps right, etc.

Now it's the greatest thing since sliced bread :) .

I have no doubt that the same thing will happen whenever Windows 7 is released.

Although, people do seem to be getting over it now that vista SP1 fixed the majority of the issues.

Edited by underdone