new version without WAIK

tistou77

No they didn't but best is to be careful. Why would we risk if you can backup those files on your own.

Run vLite once with the WAIK installed and then backup the vLite folder, it will have all you need in the future, just install over it.

No issue for me.I have wimgapi.dll packed into a selfextracting archive that automatically puts it into /Program Files/vLite :thumbup .Just funny that ppl think they need a honkin 1GB WAIK to use vLite :wacko: .I use WAIK too so double fun 4 me :P .

No issue for me.I have wimgapi.dll packed into a selfextracting archive that automatically puts it into /Program Files/vLite :thumbup .Just funny that ppl think they need a honkin 1GB WAIK to use vLite :wacko: .I use WAIK too so double fun 4 me :P .

Good to see you're on the ball.

why do I need to download a gig iso to get waik? Thats crazy huge for something that burns iso's. >.<

Yes, please get rid of that utterly useless waik as it is trash software! :realmad: It's NOT compatible with Win2K3 Server & Win Vista x64 too.

Edited by scorpi.dragon

why do I need to download a gig iso to get waik? Thats crazy huge for something that burns iso's. >.<

Yes, please get rid of that utterly useless waik as it is trash software! :realmad: It's NOT compatible with Win2K3 Server & Win Vista x64 too.

You don't quite get it.

vLite is based on it. vLite will not work without it. It has been stated to grab the previous version of vLite and install it first as it still has the needed WAIK file. MS is going aroung KILLING apps that redistribute their software so just grab the needed file from the last version and keep it handy.

Somewhere in this really long thread the file is named as wimgapi.dll <-- Thats the only file you need.

Quoting Nuhi:

Some of you will be annoyed by the new WAIK download but I had to do it, or so they tell me.

You can install this vLite version over the old one and it will work without the fatty download. So backup the v1.1.6 before I remove it from the site.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

can you please uplaod it somewhere, i cant find it anywhere

Actually, you also need the wimfltr folder vLite creates in Program Files\vLite after you install the WAIK. These folders contain the actual filter drivers vLite needs to mount the WIM files.

Edited by cluberti
Link removed.

I don't get it.

What is all this trash talk about "WAIK"? I haven't even heard of WAIK outside of this forum, haven't needed it with vLite, haven't used it, and I certainly haven't downloaded it.

What has people in such an uproar about this WAIK nonsense?

What has people in such an uproar about this WAIK nonsense?

nLite/vLite = used by a lot of people who like to strip everything down to the very strict minimum required for it to even run (the main 2 reasons being: getting that extra 1 fps in games, and lower disk usage even though disk space is like 15 cents a GB nowadays -- or that's what it seems like to me at least). And WAIK is a large download. That pretty much sums it up I guess. (I don't use either personally)