All in one Vista

premier4ever

Hello all,

I have the all vestions of vista on a DVD, and i've been wondering how to use vlite to tweak and automate the installation of each version without the need to remove the other ones.

This is a legal DVD by the way ;)

can anyone help ??

Best Regards ,,,

You can have all version vlited just if you dont select "rebuild one" option.

If you are using unattended option, the fastest way to choose version (that will be automaticly installed) is to modify Autounattend.xml

just modify line: <Value>Windows Vista *******</Value> to <Value>Windows Vista ULTIMATE</Value> or <Value>Windows Vista BUSINESS</Value> etc.

You can have all version vlited just if you dont select "rebuild one" option.

If you are using unattended option, the fastest way to choose version (that will be automaticly installed) is to modify Autounattend.xml

just modify line: <Value>Windows Vista *******</Value> to <Value>Windows Vista ULTIMATE</Value> or <Value>Windows Vista BUSINESS</Value> etc.

But when u start vlite it says [ select the version u want to edit ] , so it wont let me do the modification to all the versions. besides i want all the versions to be unattended. is there a way to do it

But when u start vlite it says [ select the version u want to edit ] , so it wont let me do the modification to all the versions. besides i want all the versions to be unattended. is there a way to do it
well I guess nuhi didnt think 'Save changes to all versions' option was necessary. You can do it anyway, just few more clicks:

start vlite -> select ultimate -> load preset -> apply -> select 'Save changes only'

restart vlite -> select home premium -> load preset -> apply -> select 'Save changes only'

restart vlite -> select business -> load preset -> apply -> select 'Save changes only'

etc.

if you want *pop-up free* (unattended) installation, I dont know other way than this:

take copies of Autounattend.xml for each version and edit these lines for each xml-file:

<Key>cd-key for that version here</Key>

<Value>version you want to install with that autoattended.xml</Value>

well I guess nuhi didnt think 'Save changes to all versions' option was necessary. You can do it anyway, just few more clicks:

start vlite -> select ultimate -> load preset -> apply -> select 'Save changes only'

restart vlite -> select home premium -> load preset -> apply -> select 'Save changes only'

restart vlite -> select business -> load preset -> apply -> select 'Save changes only'

etc.

if you want *pop-up free* (unattended) installation, I dont know other way than this:

take copies of Autounattend.xml for each version and edit these lines for each xml-file:

<Key>cd-key for that version here</Key>

<Value>version you want to install with that autoattended.xml</Value>

First i want to thank you PabloW for your help, ur the man :thumbup

Second, the problem with that is Autounattend.xml is saved to the root of the DVD, without being renamed to ultimateautounatteded for example. So when u try to save another one vlite says that there is one present leaving u with no options but replace or cancel.

so what do u think can solve this problem ... ?

thanx again for ur concern :blushing: