Slipstreaming Office 2003 updates into XP Pro source

Ok, I assume it's not possible... Isn't it??

The thing is, I install Office from an administrative source with ALL updates already integrated, during RunOnceEx phase - and it works great, BUT Microsoft Update insists on installing about 10 critical updates for Office, which were already installed at the previous stage, as I've already mentioned.

I read about updates for office offered by MU even if Office isn't installed, just because there are some apps which install Microsoft Office 2003 Web Components along with them... Maybe telling Office not to install this feature in first place would help; Haven't tried it yet, and I prefer not to, unless there's no other alternative...

I've already tried using a pre-made DataStore.edb (which is about 40 Megs because of that), with not much of a success (less updates are offered, but there are still some)...

Any other thoughts or ideas??? It's driving me nutts! :wacko:

Thanks in advance,

Ran.

@mara-

First of all - Thanks!

It definitely looks nice... I'll use it in the future, that's for sure!

But currently, what difference does it make if I slipstreamed the hotfixes manually (using: mspFile /a msiFile SHORTFILENAMES=true)

or by your program??

Have you managed to overcome the problem I mentioned above?! (A "YES" would be blessed! :rolleyes: )

PS: Just wanted to clarify that the installation is indeed updated! Office Update shown NO UPDATES. It's just Microsoft Update which makes all the mess...

Edited by Keynan

I apply the registry entries extracted from hotfixes via custom SETUP.exe created by this tool. Just download program, and read help file, everything is explained there.

Cheers ;)