[Release] Comodo Internet Security v3.8.65951.477

johndoe74

Nice work :) !!

But just wondering, is this a CIS complete addon? If it is, think you can try for a CIS Firewall (Optimal Protection Settings) addon? (I'm largely happy with Avast as my AV ;) ..)

Thanks!! And nicely done !!

I just finished making one will up it to mediafire. :thumbup

This is the full Internet Suite with AV, Anti-spyware, firewall, I didn't know they even have just a firewall version, I will look.

Also if you are used to Comodo, then this is a good IS, but it has more popups than carter has pills LOL. :rolleyes:

COMODO doesn't have a standalone firewall package.

I believe the only way to do it is to install via script (which johndoe74 has done and many others are trying to do).

That's why there is such high demand for this addon-- people want a Firewall Only version, which is a pain in the next for people to make.

IF you become successful in making CIS-Firewall-Only addon, I'm sure there will be a bunch of people greatful ;) .

somewhere after version 2+ they integrated the firewall into the internet security suite. i'm guessing that script basically just installs that part of the security suite and doesnt actually alter the file itself

edit: nice to see you back jd74 :)

Edited by ccl0

I've been quite busy lately, so I haven't been able to even make/ test AddOns, but I have been able to gather all the tools necessary for making an AddOn.

I will need to do some reading on INF, scripting, AutoIT, and tutorials on the tools... Sometime along the road (>.>) ... (school has been really annoying)

thanks very much, JD74 :) !!

I cracked open the archive and noticed that FWOnly.EXE is a compiled AutoIt script. I have some experience with AutoIt. I can certainly help contribute, but can you post the AutoIt script in the first post so others can assist or PM me.

Also shouldn't the file name have "AddOn" somewhere in it to work with Integrator?

AutoIT based

Does that mean I need AutoIt to have this addon work?

Sorry for the noob question, but I am one after all I just found out of nlite 2 days ago.

No, the AutoIt scripts are complied into executables prior to the creation of the AddOn.

• 2 weeks later...

First let me say thanks for the work on this as I like avira antivirus andonly need to use the firewall. I have been having a problem where I see a screen with both tryin this as a addon as well and runonce with .exe in that the application install stops at comodo internet security configuration wizard - email address ----------------- I hit next then finish and its is done. Any help with this or can you provide the autoit script ? Thanks in advance for any help with this as my unattended is almost perfect :rolleyes:

jd74 put in special effort to update to current version (3.8.65951.477). It would be a pity for this Firewall-only

version not installing unattended if the installation is halt due to email screen. I create another script to address this issue so that his script can continue to install unattended.

Just extract FWonlyPre.zip to FWonlyPre.exe and put into his svcpack folder (also keep CIS-3.8.65951.477-FW.exe intact). Then modify

ENTRIES_CIS-3.8.65951.477-FW.ini

Should look like this after modification.

[EditFile]
I386\SVCPACK.INF,SetupHotfixesToRun,AddProgram

[AddProgram]
FWonlyPre.exe <--Replace with this only.

Repack everything back to .cab format. (pls test in VM first). I tested ok in XP VM at T13

I try to host this file for as long as his DL link is valid or until he has the time to fix his script. Enjoy his creation!

FWonlyPre.zip

Size: 263.59 Kb (269,920 bytes)

MD5: A19482D0DF7A34C0BC2470C371F0BD30

==edit==

Minor fix: Wait for FWonly.exe to exit, then FWonlyPre.exe will exit.

Add Option switch: -ndt which will remove desktop shortcut. See below code.

[EditFile]
I386\SVCPACK.INF,SetupHotfixesToRun,AddProgram

[AddProgram]
FWonlyPre.exe -ndt <--Replace with this only. Will also remove desktop shortcut

Edited by Geej