nlite 1.4.6 XP SP3 welcome screen

jslegers

Hi,

I created an unattended installation of Windows XP with SP3. When the PC boots for the first time it comes with an Welcome to Microsoft Windows screen, and asking me for Windows update settings. The setting of Windows Update in nLite is default. Is this normal for SP3 ? Because when I use SP2 it works perfectly. What could be wrong ?

John

I also had a problem with this multiple times. I used the nLite 1.4.6 combined with official MS XP pro SP3 iso.

When update setting is set in nLite to only notify the screen with the update setting still appears.

This isn't really unattended

Edited by havocnl

nLite > Unattended > Skip OOBE

In Unattend file (WinNT.sif):

[unattended]

UnattendSwitch=Yes

The screen does not appear (although the "white" moving windows logo does appear but nothing after that).

The update setting however is still not set correctly.... still automatic even though I set it to notify only in nLite.

The screen does not appear (although the "white" moving windows logo does appear but nothing after that).

The update setting however is still not set correctly.... still automatic even though I set it to notify only in nLite.

I have my settings fully unattended and the first thing I have to do is entering the Administrator password

I also see the white flying logo and I do not remember I ever saw it with SP3.

The Windows Update problem may be related to it being set in WinNT.sif. There are many things in the official MS unattended method that do not work.