Tweak causes broken Network Connection Status

electronJunkie

Hello,

When I apply the "Explorer-Launch folder windows in a separate process" tweak to XP SP3, I am unable to get to the Status window of my network connections. I must first enable the tray icon and access the status window from there.

Without that tweak, it works fine. I tried it with a completely customized installation all the way down to nothing except that tweak enabled. It always works without that tweak, and never works with it.

I slipstreamed SP3 into the sources with nLite running on Vista.

Any ideas? Or can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!

Hello,

Any ideas? Or can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!

It took me a while to understand what you meant, man i need coffee now.

But yes , CONFIRMED! Tho i havent checked that tweak, i use a different settings for it.

Good job finding this nuisance, i never really need to check status on NICS but having thing work, is always nice.

I am not going to explain it in detail, coz that would take a good page of text, but that settings along with /timeres in boot.ini and some other things, impact how windows perform.

It might be that there is something at a wrong setting, not that running explorer in separate processes is wrong. I'm going to investigate this to be short..

Here is what i did.

Went to network connections (control panel kind), Rightclicked on my internet connection and select STATUS. Nothing happens.

Then I enable the icon in system tray.

Then i rightclick on the icon, not taking any action , just right clicking on it.

Immidiately STATUS shows, without me selecting to display it.

So there is some kind of weird thing going on. Not going to assume any theories more at this time.

Perhaps nuhi can "fix" this, if possible.

I am using Windows XP 64bit.

Edited by TranceEnergy

I've always used the tweak (not sure if done with nLite or a reg patch), and never had a problem... Might be something specific to a certain version of nLite...

Good looking out though... I'll be making a new image tonight, so I won't be enabling that tweak just in case.