Anonymous login to a share

army20

Hello,

I'm trying to allow connection from non-domain members clients in my network to a single file share hosted on a windows 2003 domain controler server. I would like to accomplish this in a manner that non-domain users does not have to enter credential to use the share.

My goal, in others words is to create a share on my server that does not need a login

Share name : \\DC\ERP

Curent File Sharing Autorisations Allow "ANONYMOUS LOGIN" Full Control & "EVERYONE" Full Control

Current NTFS of the folder Allow "ANONYMOUS LOGIN" Full Control & "EVERYONE" Full Control

I think I'm getting lost in the domain security policy or the domain controler security policy. Witch one do I have to configure ?

Can someone help please.

-Martin

Edited by geek
11. Please refrain from using CAPITALIZATIONS in the topic title or when participating in threads because they will not attract attention - instead it will annoy many of MSFN's members.

I think that you need to use the GUEST local account to accomplish this. You will probably need to enable it first.

If it is the Guest account that has to be enabled, and if it is anything similar to what I've had to do with XP, then he'll probably have to add and remove the Guest account to "Access this computer from the network" and "Deny access to this computer from the network", respectively, in Group Policy.

Here's my actual configuration:

I have changed some names for convinience

Source Folder:

C:\SHARE

Share name:

\\SERVER\SHARE

Windows Server 2003 as a domain controler

Share ACL:

post-29668-1213426559_thumb.jpg

NTFS ACL:

post-29668-1213426609_thumb.jpg

Domain Default Security Settings (Users Rights Assignement) :

1.JPG

Domain Controler Security Settings (Security Options):

2.JPG

Sometime when the solution is too simple I don't see it.

In this case, enabling the guest account on the domain controler permitted to grant the access to the share without having to enter credentials.