KB951376 & MS Update problems

Killgore

HFSLIP.txtHi!

I've tried to slipstream today's updates with 1.7.7 and all went fine except for this one.

I have also one persistent problem since slipstreaming SP3 - after installation MS Update isn't fully "activated". When I click MS Update in the start menu I see this "Try Microsoft Update today" webpage and I have to click "Run Now" (or maybe "turn on now" - I have Polish version so I don't know exactly). Then it works fine, nothing is additionally installed, so I suppose all binaries are there, maybe it's only some reg entry missing? Nobody has mentioned this before – maybe I’m doing something wrong?

Regards,

Chris

Edited by Killgore

You can try the latest test release at the top of this forum. No other changes are planned so it should be out as a final one of these days.

As far as Microsoft Update is concerned... I don't know if this is the source of the problem but you don't have Windows Update Agent 3.0.

You can try the latest test release at the top of this forum. No other changes are planned so it should be out as a final one of these days.

Worked flawlessly.

As far as Microsoft Update is concerned... I don't know if this is the source of the problem but you don't have Windows Update Agent 3.0.

Bingo! I thought it was included In SP3. I don’t understand why MS decided not to include this.

Anyway thank you very much :).

Just created an unattended disc with 1.7.8 today, and apparently this hotfix is refusing to be integrated again. I checked the MS Security Bulletin, and apparently they've "updated the update." :rolleyes: Here's the link to that:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...n/ms08-030.mspx

Is this in fact an updated update? Any new tricks to force this to integrate, or should it be just treated as another HF and placed in the HF folder?