Problem with Lenovo x60 and Wireless Network

underdone

I have a lenovo x60 with the Atheros wireless card running the latest driver version and Vista SP1. When I connect to my Belkin wireless network it only works for two minutes.

I have ruled out signal problems and interference. The laptop does not lose it's IP address during the connectivity loss. This problem does not happen on every wireless network I connect to.

So, after I started seeing these problems I monitored the network traffic with wireshark. Right before the connection stops working I see alot of "TCP Dup" and "TCP Retransmission"; Then there is a constant stream of ARP packets from the router looking for the laptop and the laptop looking for the router. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The network connection will come of intermittently every 10 minutes for about a minute.

I suggest you to open the Local Area Connection and disable the IPV6 Intelnet protocol :rolleyes:

Alright, I'll try that when I get home.

FYI: IPV6 stands for Internet Protocol Version 6 so Internet Protocol is implied when using IPV6

I suggest you to open the Local Area Connection and disable the IPV6 Intelnet protocol :rolleyes:

Alright, I'll try that when I get home.

FYI: IPV6 stands for Internet Protocol Version 6 so Internet Protocol is implied when using IPV6

That didn't work. Which kind of makes sense. If it was a problem with the IPV6 stack I have seen the problem across all networks wired and wireless.

Any other ideas?

bump

auto tuning should be disabled to test see if it is causing problems

Turn Off

netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled

Turn Back on

netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=normal

That didn't work. I took a screenshot of what it looks like in wireshark. You can seen that about 50 seconds after the computer receives the ARP requests it replies to all of them simultaneously.

post-110573-1213413462_thumb.png

post-110573-1213413470_thumb.png

Edited by underdone

That didn't work. I took a screenshot of what it looks like in wireshark. You can seen that about 50 seconds after the computer receives the ARP requests it replies to all of them simultaneously.

coudl you attach the screen shot so we can see what you is coming across the wire? also have you updated the firmware for the belkin router? are you allowing windows to manage the wireless connection or is it the wireless software from Lenovo?

coudl you attach the screen shot so we can see what you is coming across the wire? also have you updated the firmware for the belkin router? are you allowing windows to manage the wireless connection or is it the wireless software from Lenovo?

I added the screenshots to my previous post. If necessary I can post an entire wireshark log.

The Belkin router is also running the latest version of the firmware.

I'm allowing windows to manage the wireless connection.

What mode are your trying to connect as? (b or g) if you force it too a single mode (either b or g) will it stay connect for longer, do you have any other machines that are connecting to this wireless? if you try to connect to other wireless access points with x60 does it connect fine? :) lets see if we can't narrow down where the issue is.

What mode are your trying to connect as? (b or g) if you force it too a single mode (either b or g) will it stay connect for longer, do you have any other machines that are connecting to this wireless? if you try to connect to other wireless access points with x60 does it connect fine? :) lets see if we can't narrow down where the issue is.

I'm trying to connect as n (not b or g). When I get home tonight I will try forcing n only. Although that will break the one other computer that uses it.

I have one other machine that connects to the wireless. I have tried disabling it to no avail.

I haven't had any problems with wireless on other networks.

I'm trying to connect as n (not b or g). When I get home tonight I will try forcing n only. Although that will break the one other computer that uses it.

I have one other machine that connects to the wireless. I have tried disabling it to no avail.

I haven't had any problems with wireless on other networks.

try it both ways as well, force your router to only b or g and force the wireless card to only do B or G as well, then try forcing N for both.