Can WPI run from cmdlines.txt?

I would prefer to not have to login for WPI to run. Does anybody know if WPI can execute prior to login via cmdlines.txt? I know that there is a way to run it before the desktop loads, but I'm wondering if there is a way to run WPI without having to login at all.

Thanks in advance.

-onenettle

Thank you for the package. Not to ask a stupid question, but I was unable to open the file using 7-zip. Should I just add a line in cmdlines.txt with this filename in quotes and place this file in the $OEM$ folder? Thanks in advance.

-onenettle

Hey, thanks for the script. I've taken it and tested it and found a couple of things. First, I get an error as follows when WPI first is executed:

Line:   107
Char: 5
Error: 'OSLanguage' is null or not an object
Code: 0
URL: file///D:/WPI/WPI.hta

Do you want to continue running scripts on the page?

If I click yes, the app selection list comes up and the counter begins to count down (from 60 seconds). As the apps begin to install, the Windows Install continues and reboots the system when it gets done. In my case, the first app install has not completed yet. Any suggestions to either of these issues?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

-onenettle

This is probably because some IE files have not been properly registered yet at t-12

BTW try this cmdlines.txt see if it runs wpi with no need for inf

[COMMANDS]
"cmd /q /c for %i in (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do if exist %i:\WPI\WPI.hta start /wait /b %i:\WPI\WPI.hta"

Edited by ricktendo64

hi rick :)

*cough descritly* ->http://www.msfn.org/board/OSLanguage-is-nu...ct-t119025.html

in my case install finished fine, so maybe its a problem with the particular installers onenettle?

i still got the 'OSLanguage' error, which is the reason i've tried to run from commandlines.txt before that it was launched from svcpack where i've first ran into that error.

Sorry for the delay in responding, I had to be out of town for a few days. I will try the new cmdlines.txt suggestion tonight.

As far as the installers are concerned, there are about 30 applications to install including .NET and MS Office 2007. .NET and Office seem to take a little bit of time.

Thanks,

-onenettle