vLite v1.2 Beta - Time Machine

nuhi

Gendo Ikari, many bugs? You haven't even started it.

Read two messages above yours or install WAIK and let vLite get the proper files. OR install 1.2 over the 1.1.6 as stated.

i did a search but didnt find the specific post to answer my question as some 30 threads came up

if i use vlite to integrate sp1 for x64, are there any known problems compared to using OEM pre integrated?

i'm asking cause the OEM disk i have doesnt seem very clean, has alot of themes in it and hard to say what else.

When will a stable / full release appear? I've used the earlier version, but I'm too afraid to use a beta version. ;)

you can use the previous version 1.1.6 if you want a stable. In my own experience 1.2 works fine for me, but it always depend on what you remove.

Edited by hannubys

at first im sorry when this is not the right thread to post it, but i didnt want to create a new one....

then im sorry because of my english (im from germany), hope you understand everything ;)

im ignored when writing to nuhi in the board or to his email-address. i think this is because of two (or more) annoying messages from me, im really sorry.

so i have some suggestions and dont know whether nuhi has read them.

at first there are some empty folders in the windows-folder. not annoying but unnecessary :)

2. there was a dead link to windows mail in the start menu after the installation, although i removed windows mail.

3. if you modify a vista folder i.e. with 1.1.6 final, then install 1.2 beta and modify the same folder again, you could mark the new components with a color. this would be especially good for the translated versions of vlite, because i always have to search for these components because the german name is sometimes different to the english.

4. it would be great if you could integrate an (un)packer like 7-zip to vlite. this would make integrating of update-packs easier, because most of the update packers make an .exe file and not the needed .cab an .msu files. 7-zip could extract these files from the .exe.

i offer that i write a german guide like the ones in orthy/netzwelt.de. the problem is that the best german guide was from orthy.de and was last updatet at 26th of may 2007, so many components are missing and the component names and other things from vlite are all in english.

ill first try to contact the author of this guide for updating it.

maybe you could host the best guides or an own guide on you homepage?

its too much again, im sorry. but this time there are no questions, so i hope nuhi read this^^

jaykay

two additions: maybe you could split the games into single games and not these "bundles"

and when there is a possibility to keep inkball although i removed tablet-pc (maybe keeping some single files??) then it would be great if you add this in the description of "tablet-pc"

Edited by jaykay

i have suggestion how to make the test Progress in much less time

instead of copy the files to hdd and then change it and make from it iso

just make the change directly on the iso [ like wim image file saving is working ]

MagicIso working in the same idea too its dont recapture the image it save the diff and remove the files from the table

I removed Remote Desktop and Assistance but not the Remote Desktop Client, but the file association for .rdp is gone. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.RDP exists but it references HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RDP.File (which doesn't exist).

That's about all I could find..

@nuhi: is it possible to add the "skip serialnumber" option for server2008 too ?

and the "disable automatic registration" doent work on server 2008

both i tested with the standart and enterprise edition

Sorry for my english))

I download vlite,and I wont to make Sp1 on my dvd, i copy my dvd with vista,ilected slipstream and wait for 2 hours but nothing,it works but it didn't finish.

Maybe someone speaks russian here?

i have suggestion how to make the test Progress in much less time

instead of copy the files to hdd and then change it and make from it iso

just make the change directly on the iso [ like wim image file saving is working ]

MagicIso working in the same idea too its dont recapture the image it save the diff and remove the files from the table

I'm agree with you 100% on this feature request. It will save lots of time. Provided that it is easy for Nuhi to implement it.

Another nice feature for request is to automatically shutdown the computer when vLite is done. That means, the user will setup all the settings including loading previous settings, pointing to the Vista Source (without copying files until the user finish setting up), etc.. It's like an unattended. This feature should also added to nLite too.

Nuhi, what do you think? Is it doable and easy to implement? Just wondering.

Kenneth

@Nuhi,

Not asking about Release date, but if you are still working on vlite?

You know the sudden drop of .dll and no news of next beta may scare some like me. That Microsoft is sending stupid letters around.

@nuhi: is it possible to add the "skip serialnumber" option for server2008 too ?

and the "disable automatic registration" doent work on server 2008

both i tested with the standart and enterprise edition

use the serial of VLK to bypass it

aviv00, direct to what. I am not an ISO format expert, forget 'bout it.

redxii, fixed in next one, thx.

FSK-JoKeR, probably :)

iwod, when did I ever post news about upcoming betas, and there is my answer in some of those jolly threads that it will come out.

Next one is tha bomb, biggest size reduction since researchers found that high fructose corn syrup makes you fat.

magic12kenneth i didnt request that feather

just suggest it

so bugs will reports sooner

and then vlite will be Final sooner

and testers will have it faster and ready go to beta ver

Edited by aviv00