vLite v1.2 Beta - Time Machine

nuhi

iwod, unsigned or non-vista driver INFs will popup, delete them manually from the folder prior integration.

Octopuss, since the licenses are invented. Free does not mean free to use however you want, it still has some implications. Price is $0 but you agree to the license agreement before usage or you can't use it.

I got an error with winmm.dll on first run with the WIM filter pop-up. I killed vlite, installed WIM filter manually and all went well.

1 point: Server is not a service part of Home Basic, but shows on the Services tweak page.

I got an error with winmm.dll on first run with the WIM filter pop-up. I killed vlite, installed WIM filter manually and all went well.

1 point: Server is not a service part of Home Basic, but shows on the Services tweak page.

yeah, i got this too but other services wont install

I have an issue when installing.

I have Windows XP 32bit Sp3.

I have .Net 2.0 sp1

When i go to install vlite 1.2 beta i get a message saying that .net 2.0 needs to be installed.

Is vLite 1.2 not compat with .net 2.0 sp1?

new: 'Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol (SSTP)'

Is this component really included for this build? I can't find this component from the list.

After installation, sstpsvc.dll and related registry keys are still there.

PabloW, gonna check that hotfix, in the meantime try redownloading it.

Oh it is true, that component is not in, it is just used in the EventLog dependencies. Maybe I add it in the final version, corrected the changelog, thx.

Jeronimo, hm never had that winmm issue, gonna skip over it until more reports of the same.

Server service is File Sharing, detection is generic so it must be there (I checked).

GetITHere, that installer checks for some reg entry, weird that you dont have it. Simply download self-extracting version and use that, or reinstall your .NET.

Jeronimo, hm never had that winmm issue, gonna skip over it until more reports of the same.

Server service is File Sharing, detection is generic so it must be there (I checked).

I am not sure, but either I also do not have File Sharing in Home basic or I would remove it as well. Can not check this at the moment, but I am also pretty sure File Sharing is not on services tweak-page (or it is there gereyed out).

Could someone make an separate installer for the files needed from WAIK for Vlite instead of us downloading 1.3G....

Simple stuffs, just install vlite 1.1.6, and then install the new version over the old one.

Edited by shahed26

Version 1.2 has been a big PITA for me so far. Using 64-bit Ultimate.

First with the BS of the WAIK installing, then I keep getting this error

whenever I try to select the Vista installation files folder:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)

at ..(String , String , Int32 , Boolean )

at ..(Boolean )

at ..(Int32 )

at ..(Boolean )

at ..(Object , EventArgs )

Edited by nuhi

vlad1966, first try to open your image with WAIK, to make sure it is not really corrupted.

Then delete wimgapi.dll file and wimfltr folder in the vlite root. Rerun vlite.

If that doesn't help try to run vlite with the switch /unwim, it will uninstall a driver, press ok, remove the switch, reboot and run vlite then.

Did anything helped?

Edited by nuhi