Spybot Search & Destroy

Guest Shecky

Guest Shecky

:hello: Hi guys,

Does anyone have a registry tweak to remove Spybots TeaTimer once the application has already been silently installed?

2ymukpw.png

This is an unattended version of Windows XP with Spybot S&D installed as a silent addon. Thing is, it also installs teatimer by default as you can see. Is there any way to disable it through a reg tweak?

Thanks in advance guys. :thumbup

This is an unattended version of Windows XP with Spybot S&D installed as a silent addon. Thing is, it also installs teatimer by default as you can see. Is there any way to disable it through a reg tweak?

This is what I use. ;)

rem Disable Wizard
REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Safer Networking Limited\SpybotSnD" /v WizardRun /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /F

rem Disable TeaTimer
REG DELETE "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v "SpybotSD TeaTimer" /F

rem Disable SDHelper
regsvr32.exe /u /s "%ProgramFiles%\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll"

:hello: Hi guys,

Does anyone have a registry tweak to remove Spybots TeaTimer once the application has already been silently installed?

Thanks in advance guys. :thumbup

Some months ago I used a script to install Spybot without TeaTimer and SDhelper. Then I made a new installer using InnoSetup from which I removed all language files others than english, TeaTimer and SDHelper files and their registry.

Guest Shecky
This is what I use. ;)

Thanks CEoCEo, it works perfectly. No more of that freakin' teatimer loading up everytime now! :lol:

you can run directly install
Spybotsd_1.5.2.exe /verysilent /components="" /tasks="" /norestart

Interesting Sonic, so just to be sure: no Wizard, no TeaTimer and no SDhelper with this switch?

Interesting Sonic, so just to be sure: no Wizard, no TeaTimer and no SDhelper with this switch?

Can anyone confirm? thanks.

so just to be sure: no Wizard, no TeaTimer and no SDhelper with this switch?

I use the next code to install custom and disable the Wizard:

@echo off
start /wait spybotsd152.exe /sp- /tasks="desktopicon,quicklaunchicon" /components="language,skins" /verysilent /norestart
copy Configuration.ini "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Configuration.ini" /y
REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Safer Networking Limited\SpybotSnD" /v "WizardRun" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
exit

Note: Use Configuration.ini file created previously.

Can anyone confirm? thanks.

It seems to work, just tried manually on Vista x64. However it gives you an error putting all that double quotes in 7Zip's config.txt (like in example).

P.S.: Nevermind, found, use backslashes!

RunProgram="Spybotsd152.exe /verysilent /components=\"\" /tasks=\"\" /norestart"
Edited by amitri