Your ISO file sizes?

LeoniAquila

I'm using XP SP3 which I've nLited. I do not plan to switch to Vista, mostly because it's so bloated to me. Thus I'm interested in hearing how much you've reduced your Vista ISO files. To compare; my complete XP SP3 nLite CD is 200 MB (no other integrations like IE7 or WMP) and I estimate that I can reduce it even more, to about 180 MB, without problems. Would you consider it an easy thing to get it on a CD - 700 MB?

LA

• 1 month later...

After adding the first Service Pack, removing everything I find unnecessary, integrating hotfixes and a few necessary drivers, then finally adding certain tools and files into the .wim, my .iso's are generally around the two gigabyte mark, give or take a hundred or so megabytes.

OK. I'm currently on an excellent working XP Home installation, from an nLited ISO of 127 MB (including SP3 and hotfixes until June). I guess that won't happen with Vista. Anyway, one day I'll probably end up vLiting insanely, I'll check back then. ;)

LA

my iso size after .. well pretty much removing everything accept .net and aero

i got vista down to 555 mb

it only used 400 mb of ram on first boot and seems to be extremely compatible still with everything i throw at it

it only used 400 mb of ram on first boot and seems to be extremely compatible still with everything i throw at it

"Only" 400 MB? :o

In XP I use 89 MB.

Anyway, seems like there's a huge difference between nLited and vLited ISOs. Either this is the true face of Vista, or vLite hasn't yet discovered what's removable. After all, nLite has been around much longer. I guess it's a combination of both, although I know zero about Vista.

LA

after some more testing and removal it now only uses 300 mb of ram which is very very good for vista :thumbup

and my xp only uses 30megs to run :blink:

my nlited xp was only 90 megs and my new vlited vista is now down to 500 even keep in mind the install file is only 400 mb and the boot file is the other 100 it only uses 4 gigs to install and that with the 2 gig page file