DisableOnDepsNotMet=true -> JavaScript error

hi there :) hug to all the dev's.

i'm a new to using wpi, please be kind.

first ran into this problem after adding dependencies, when wpi launches i get an error message about it expecting a ';' from function parseAreChecked in check.js on the line it mentioned there's the code: var elem = eval("document.all." +deps[j]);

you end with only the first program checked then after that the error pops up when you try to check/uncheck anything.

couldn't see anything wrong with the code, the function is parentsAreChecked but parseAreChecked is just a typo in the variable used to report what function caused an error and has been there a looong time.

after some code diving forum searching a few reruns of reading the manual and looking up some javascript refrences i'm realy stumped, the only positive outcome was finding out setting DisableOnDepsNotMet to false bypassed this error.

I went back to v4.3.7b to see if something had gotten changed by accident; nope. The exact same code. I would have to say it is something you have done since no one else has reported this problem. It is probably a missing quote or closing bracket ).

I did change the parentsAreChecked() typo, though. Thanks.

well, *ponders* the files in my wpiscript dir are exact matches to the ones bundled with wpi 6.5.1, i'll attach my config file could be something there that i'm too inexperianced to catch ?

thats the only file changed/added to the original atm.

edit: it seems wpi takes exception to usage of #_ (where # is a number) in the UID, prog, or possibly both when DisableOnDepsNotMet=true , seems some sort of parsing bug.

i realy realy hope you can help narrow this down mritter

config.js

Edited by Twisten

the comments ? it made no impact on whether or not the error showed, i've taken them out to make it easier on myself combing through it trying to find some sort of error.

edit: on a side note, if it makes a difference the comments are actualy present in the file i use, i've only striped them from this copy

Edited by Twisten

actually it is the missing pn=(1) part I was wondering about....

As it looks right now you have it ok but there has to be an exception in one or more of your excludes entries and the fact that most if not all of them are set as defualt.

Either that or your have an includes\exccludes entry that simply points to another entry that no longer exists.

I don't have the time now but I will pick over it mor tommorow and see if I can find the errant entry...

thanks mate, that'd be great :) ,

as i'm sure you'd notice there's no manual exludes/includes only dependencies when DisableOnDepsNotMet=true i get this error.

i reckoned by trial and error that having a UID starting with numbers will definetly cause it to happen, to me it looks like an error parsing the UID.

i should mention that those uid's were first generated by wpibee which simply used the file name a a basis to program name, description and UID and were imported during integration with ryanvm's integrator.

kel, did you get a chance to look at it yet? its not urgent since uids not starting with numbers seem to suppress the error, but it would be nice to know if its going to be fixed or perhapse there should be a note about it in the manual ?