SATA Drive Boot Issue

tb582

Hoping you guys can help me out with a boot issue... I have an SLI 3124 SATA card with one 500GB sata drive that I use for storage attached to my computer.

It works fine once the computer is up and running but if that Sata cable is plugged into that card the system will give an error when booting up saying WindowsRoot\System32\hal.dll is missing or corrupt .... If I simply disconnect the Sata cable from the card and boot up everything is fine and windows loads properly. Ive made sure that my primary boot drive is boot device one in the bios setup, Ive also tried manually selecting to boot from my primary dirve when the Sata cable is connected but it still doesn't work....

Hoping you guys can help me out with a boot issue... I have an SLI 3124 SATA card with one 500GB sata drive that I use for storage attached to my computer.

It works fine once the computer is up and running but if that Sata cable is plugged into that card the system will give an error when booting up saying WindowsRoot\System32\hal.dll is missing or corrupt .... If I simply disconnect the Sata cable from the card and boot up everything is fine and windows loads properly. Ive made sure that my primary boot drive is boot device one in the bios setup, Ive also tried manually selecting to boot from my primary dirve when the Sata cable is connected but it still doesn't work....

Anyone have any ideas?

Anyone have any ideas?

It sure sounds like the SATA controller is trying to boot off your SATA drive. Is your SATA drive set to bootable? Is there some SATA BIOS setting that might make it act as bootable? Do you have a boot sequence in the MB's BIOS that might include SCSI? Some SATA controllers show up as SCSI. Only ideas I have right at the moment.

Stan

It sure sounds like the SATA controller is trying to boot off your SATA drive. Is your SATA drive set to bootable? Is there some SATA BIOS setting that might make it act as bootable? Do you have a boot sequence in the MB's BIOS that might include SCSI? Some SATA controllers show up as SCSI. Only ideas I have right at the moment.

Stan

Thats what I thought to, but no the drive is not set to bootable, and I'm not aware of any Sata BIOS settings, if there are I'm not sure how to get to them, I know that there is no prompt to hit F" " to get to them on startup. I have reordered the boot sequence in the mb bios and even set the drive to disabled in the bios options. I'm also not sure if the DH800 mobo has a bios that sees the sata controller are scsi?

Edited by tb582