Remove "Allow Indexing Service to index this disk for fast file s

TranceEnergy

As in topic, is there any way to prevent this from being the default?
if you are using a 32bit version of windows you can use ResHacker to remove that whole thing there... i forget what file it is though... so long since i did it last.

Thank you for pointing that out. However, i am using 64bit windows, and would preferrably like another solution not involving resource editing files.

Not that i am against it, heck im all for it, but as a general rule of thumb i like to find solutions that works in general/for everybody.

Im probably going to try and find a registry key for it in any of the reg hives, and cross fingers.

Thank you for pointing that out. However, i am using 64bit windows, and would preferrably like another solution not involving resource editing files.

Not that i am against it, heck im all for it, but as a general rule of thumb i like to find solutions that works in general/for everybody.

Im probably going to try and find a registry key for it in any of the reg hives, and cross fingers.

there is a good prog called regshot, that lets you take a snapshot of your registry BEFORE you do something like turn idexing on or off and then you can take another snapshot AFTER you do something and then you can look at what changed... that might help you. however i think i looked into this and i couldnt find anythign that worked... so i gave up and removed it via reshacker then i got lazy after updates came out and just left it as is...

EDIT: i found what file it is... its shell32.dll and its dialog 1080... just incase... you ever need to know.

Edited by godan

• 3 months later...
About that dialog thing, wont that just remove just that, the dialog thing, and not the actual enabling of indexing service as a default?

yes of course just the dialog

cant u just disable the indexing service altogether?