The Ultimate PC

Zenskas

I'd lose the physix card tho'.Apart from that its a spiffy build.

Would you? I am unsure. There are some games that have physx support and this computer is 'ultimate'. NVIDIA is going to make a better one I think. I will keep it on the list for now.

I would do this:

MB: is ok what you choosen

OS: Vista Ultimate x64 >> why not? you have vista ready hw, lot of problems running XP

RAM: 8GB >> Ultimate PCs have minimum of 4GB

GPU: nV9800 x2 >> enough cause games today are crap anyway

CPU: C2Q (2.4Ghz would be enough but no limit with this), C2E (extreme is extreme for "nothing" - in my POV) >> there will be not much app where all cores will run 99%

PSU: 600W with 80+ efficiency >> enough, i would never go into SLi,3-Way SLi or anything like that, i like mother nature

HDD:2xSATA disks in RAID0 (if you want ultimate go for 2xSSD SLC ;) )

DVD: why not BluRay?

PPU: none

Case: your choice

Key&Mouse: your choice

LCD: viewsonic, dell 24"+ >> nothing less :D

best would be to buy a normal PC and x360 for games, cause developers these days do crap not games, console gaming is better investment in the future :(

Edited by tester_pedro

why not add a nice solid state drive in addition to the velociraptors? use the SSD as you main drive and the raided raptors as your storage. im kind of scared to know what this going to cost, im going to guess around $6,000-$7,0000

Edited by Brando569

No hard feelings, but....... its not worth it

For one third of that money you get a pretty decent computer.....

I think you should spend your money somewhere else like beer or taking girls out or something like that.......

bye :D

No hard feelings, but....... its not worth it

For one third of that money you get a pretty decent computer.....

I think you should spend your money somewhere else like beer or taking girls out or something like that.......

bye :D

I can only agree. Best money can buy, as in no object? And at a total disregard for power usage seemingly? I'm not totally sure what's the point of the thread (no offense)... The absolute best computer money can buy so you can lust over it, for you'd need to be Bill Gates-like rich to buy/build one?

CPU: Why only one CPU then? I'd say a quad Xeon X7350 would be nice (hey, I could have said 8!) It would totally slaughter this box on x264 encoding speeds, run anything in vmware, etc

Motherboard + case: how about this?

RAM: Might as well fill all the slots on that motherboard with some of these FB-DIMM's?

HDD's: 8x 15K rpm SAS drives like these in RAID0, or SSD's, along with a Fibre Channel SAN of course!

Needs a BluRay writer or 2 for sure as well.

Oh ya, and a LTO-4 tape library for backups too. This one looks nice.

And a pair of 30" 3007WFP Ultrasharp LCDs at least.

Not that anyone could ever afford it, but at this point, 10G's or 50G's... :lol:

Edit: actually, it's more like 70G's :lol:

Edited by crahak

:lol:

I don't even want to think about how loud that system would be...

When you add the parts to your cart, it lets you in on a promo: "With every $70000 computer, receive a free set of ear defenders for FREE!" :lol: