Rookie needs help

Onehawk33

Hi all,

I need some help. I am temporarily forced to use an older computer which utilizes Windows 98. I am trying to save an Excel file to floppy drive A and keep getting the following errorr.

"You do not have acces to the folder 'A:\'. See your administrator for access to this folder."

I have tried going to Start-Settings-Control panel-Network and clicked on allowing file sharing. That didn't work. It's probably something simple, but I would appreciate any help.

Hi all,

I need some help. I am temporarily forced to use an older computer which utilizes Windows 98. I am trying to save an Excel file to floppy drive A and keep getting the following errorr.

"You do not have acces to the folder 'A:\'. See your administrator for access to this folder."

I have tried going to Start-Settings-Control panel-Network and clicked on allowing file sharing. That didn't work. It's probably something simple, but I would appreciate any help.

Are you trying to save from Excel itself, or using the Windows Explorer?

Can you see the A: drive in "My Computer" and read the cointents of a disk that's in it?

:)

Yes, if they are brand new disks they almost certainly will need to be formatted before they can be used.

Put one in the drive, and double click on "My Computer" on the desktop.

The A: drive should be shown along with at least the C: system hard drive.

Right click on the drive A: icon, and select "format".

Follow the instructions and format it to 1.44MB, using full format.

Don't bother to transfer the system files.

When the disk is successfully formatted, try writing to it again.

:)