Line 52 of the INF file \i386\winnt.sif is invalid

Hello,

I can't seem to wrap my head around what i'm doing wrong here. This is not my first unattended disc either, I have made these several times, but I've had nothing but trouble ever since the integration of SP3. These worked fine with little or no issues. I use a combination of Nlite and Driverpacks along with my own custom winnt.sif file, and here are the contents of the file:

[Data]

AutoPartition=1

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

AutomaticUpdates="Yes"

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

Repartition=Yes

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

FileSystem=ConvertNTFS

WaitForReboot="No"

NoWaitAfterTextMode=1

NoWaitAfterGUIMode=1

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

Hibernation="No"

[Display]

Xresolution=1024

Yresolution=768

[systemRestore]

DisableSR=1

CreateFirstRunRp=0

[GuiUnattended]

EncryptedAdminPassword="No"

AutoLogon="Yes"

AdminPassword=*

TimeZone=020

OEMSkipRegional=1

OemSkipWelcome=1

[userData]

ProductID="XXXX....."

ComputerName=OWNER

FullName="User"

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents="Yes"

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup="WORKGROUP"

[GuiRunOnce]

Command0="%systemdrive%\install.bat"

Command1="%systemdrive%\DPsFnshr.exe"

Line 52 would be the DPsfnshr.exe file under GuiRunOnce, but if I remove that line, then I receive a Line 51 error for the install.bat.

Any help would certainly be appreciated. I have read, google'd etc., but unable to find someone with the exact same issue. Usually, they'll miss a quote or something, but I've tried it with and without quotes. The file, install.bat, DOES exisist under $OEM$\$1\

Thanks in advance.

kzaman

Line 52 would be the DPsfnshr.exe file under GuiRunOnce, but if I remove that line, then I receive a Line 51 error for the install.bat.

kzaman

Hi,

It could be a line ending character or similar whitespace character causing issues. I would view the file in a text editor like Scite or similar and activate the "view" --> "end of line" and "view" --> "whitespace". Then you may see something odd liike a LF that should be a CRLF on one of the lines to match the other lines.

:)

I notice that you use quotes in some places but not others. Typically, choose one method or the other (using quotes or not using quotes) and don't mix and match like that.

Also, is it normal to have a wildcard after adminpassword?

It worked, it was a space issue, thank you so much!!! :thumbup

Tripredacus: I've always wondered about that myself, I believe part of the winnt.sif is generated via Nlite and I've also used other tools in the past like Winnt.sif Creator 2.0 and sometimes quotes were put in, and in some areas, they weren't. I've just never messed with it to see if it makes a difference or not, good to know that I can go with one method or the other.

And the wildcard is also autogenrated if you choose to login automatically via Nlite.

Thanks again,

kzaman