SP3 create troubles with chipsets ?

Aloucard

Hello recently i was reinstalling windows in a pc with an AMD 4.2Ghz Pros with a NVidia NForce 4 Chipset. After the clean

install finished, XP SP2 was the CD, i installed the chipset drivers (latest from NVidia) and reboot the pc. Everything was OK, then i decide to install SP3. I did it all went ok and the pc reboot again. After a short while, means 5-10 min later, i was configuring the Xp my pc freezed and a BSOD come out informing me about my chipset driver. I made a search about the error and i found that was my chipset driver, and it was CORRUPTED.

Same thing happend EXCACTLY with an other pc, the defference was chipset VIA and CPU P4 3.2Ghz LGA775.

So i want to ask if someone else had the same prob with these CHIPSETS and SP3 or its just my **** imagination.

PS: Both pc's was reformatted and applyed the SP3 after full driver installations but the SAME PROBS AGAIN. I made that just in case that windows installation didnt went good.

No, both pc's are custom made pc's, means all parts are bought seperated. I made a few tests and i saw that the PC's are

running SMOOTHIE without SP3. But my question remains, is SP3 compatible with these 2 chipsets ?? and why is corrupting the chipset drivers ?? :no::w00t: