WPI v6.5.1

My config.js (at the end, I've also attached my check.js)

I've deleted some of the comments at the beginning and added my own.

I've deleted the majority of your post ~~ Kel ~~ Please use the attachment feature on the forum or [ codebox] tags

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

My new approach:

Installing both the older and newer versions of WPI parallel and using the same config.js in both.

In the older version WPI sets the beginning column on the right side, leaving one column of free space. I found out that this was due to the entry "pn=1;" in the config.js. When I changed this entry to "pn=0;", the column started correctly on the left side. Whenever I made any changes to the configurations however, WPI automatically changed it back to the wrong starting position and when I looked in the config.js, the entry I had originally changed was changed back to "pn=1;". This has been solved in the newer version of WPI, where the columns start at the right position.

In the newer version of WPI, when using the exclude function and thereafter exiting to the installation routine, the following happens which does not happen in the older version: sleep.exe is called and thereafter, the error message which I mentioned in my original forum entry. This is not solved by changing the copyright sign back to a "c" in 2 parentheses as MRitter suggested.

I am just using two programs that exclude one another - AVG and AVAST.

There is the possibility to just use the exclude function in just one of the programs or to use the exclude function in both so that they exclude each other in the exact same manner.

I am continuing to test this function from different angles and will keep updating this same message with the results that I have empirically found out.

In the newer version, when I have any excludes, the moment when I exit to the installer program, the message appears "JavaScript Error Report Message: 'cond[...].0' is null or not an object URL:file://X:\HFSLIPXPENG\SOURCE\WPII\WPI.hta File:check.js Function: excludorIsChecked() Line 465"

The older version does not trigger this error message.

I don't know very much about Javascript yet, but what I do notice is line 472. In most of the javascript, the variable Cat is used with a capital C and in some places with a small C. On line 472 the word catch is used. I have no idea about if you use this term for CatCheck or if it really means catch, but in any case, there is a chance that the program might confuse Cat and catch as being the same variable with ch at the end. Is this really intentional? When I looked through the older version of the check.js where the function works correctly, I could not find the word "catch" in the text.

Edited by Dislocated Time

I have had problems when having both the newer version of WPI and the older versions on my system.

i was editing the older versions of my wpi when i noticed that there was an update. i did not quit know how to go about doing the upgrade and i did not receive any reply to my question so i went ahead and tried it myself. I figured out that the config file was the one that i was going to need to get copied over and this is how it happend.

initially, i thought i had copied the config file to the new WPI. I continued to work on the NEW version thereafter. Keep in mind, that i am only trying to set different backgrounds and move some of the icons around to customize my WPI screen. I was not doing any entries into the config file. after hours of trial and error at trying to change the border sizes and other stuff, i finally got it to look how i wanted it :thumbup

everything was perfect except the tooltip box was too short, but whatever. i deleted my old WPI folder and files. now this is where my moment of glory turns into s***. i double click the WPI icon to admire my work one last time before i go to sleep (@ 9:30 am :wacko: :wacko: ) and all i see is my background settings and no text. :angry:

i remember the exact thing happening to me before. this was the exact reason that i quit working on my WPI project. I deleted the older version, and then the new version that was working fine, stoped working. At that point, i couldn't figure it out...so i retired WPI half completed and under construction.

Anyways, back to yesterday. It made no sense to me but i decided to restore the deleted WPI folder for 6.3 i think (6.5 is the new one right?). I KNEW if i restored that folder, my WPI v6.5 would work. And guess what, IT DID. When nothing works right, or makes sense, join the situation and do something that makes no **** sense too. It seems to work quite too often. I understand what "Stupid is, is stupid does" means now :blink:

i think the config file is getting located somehow by the application. Is it set to search only within the orig WPI folder, or just that specific file? There were a few times where i would run it and my applications would finally show up, but the theme settings were not the same. weird stuff.

Forgot to mention that i was using the Glossy Theme for the 6.3 and when i copied that over, i was informed it was not compatible with the new one.

this is how i had my wpi folder structured:

WPIProject/wpi 6.5/WPI <--- i ran THIS WPI Application. There was no config file located here.

WPIProject/wpi 6.3/WPI <--- the config file that was being used by WPI 6.5 was located in this WPI folder.

after deleted and restoring about 8 times, i finally figured out i was missing the config file. LONG story...but hopefully my point was made.

I guess when the stupid train picks you up for a ride there no getting off.

I am sorry I missed your original post. Yes you are right config.js IS the key and wpiscripts is the folder it is looked in for.

Themes were massivly updated in the last 2 releases so the 6.3 wpi.htm will not be compatable with the new format.

Could you kindly attach your config.js to your newt post (remove any serials) it may help with testing a couple of bugs that have cropped up.

:angry: now im getting errors

i passed my mouse over my BORGChat application in WPI and in the tooltip, it was X'ed out, so i went into the config file and i did not have the path to the folder set to either the install or the image. So, i did that. That is when i started getting all these errors.

This is the error i get when i try to launch WPI

post-177469-1212933934_thumb.jpg

I do not have any categories. this is all i see when i select the drop down box

post-177469-1212934003_thumb.jpg

This is the error message i get when i exit out of the Config tab

post-177469-1212934046_thumb.jpg

here is my config file

config.js

thx for ur time

I don't know very much about Javascript yet, but what I do notice is line 472. In most of the javascript, the variable Cat is used with a capital C and in some places with a small C. On line 472 the word catch is used. I have no idea about if you use this term for CatCheck or if it really means catch, but in any case, there is a chance that the program might confuse Cat and catch as being the same variable with ch at the end. Is this really intentional? When I looked through the older version of the check.js where the function works correctly, I could not find the word "catch" in the text.

catch is a reserved word and a trap for error in a try..catch statement i.e try some work and if error execute catch statements. We call this kind of errors as exceptions (like file not found, disk full, etc.).

Cat & cat are differents Javascript distinguishes uppercase and lowercase . There are no possibilities for javascript to make confusion between this 3 identifiers.