I cant install ie7 and ie8

IvanVL

I cant install ie7 and ie8.

In ie7_main.log and ie8_main.log i have an error

"00:09.953: ERROR: |Initialize >>> Couldn't initialize the Windows Update Manager, HRESULT:0x80040154",

but I didnt need Windows Update, and I cut that in nlite.

If I am integrated ie7 with nlite without Windows Update, after installation ie7 dont work.

How i can install ie7 or ie8?

Thаnks!

Edited by IvanVL

Yeah if you compare the installer .exe for ie 7 and 8 you will notice they dont function the same way as all the other updates do. So that might be a give away why it isnt working.

My solution for this problem was to use the following, http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4289

It's basically a zip file with all the files required for ie7 + insutrctions on where they are to go, nlite detects all this and will integrate it.

this is for ie7 only though not ie8. Considering ie8 is only in beta.... might be worth holding off as a new version of beta is going to be out soon i think.

That error code means "CLASS_NOT_REGISTERED", so a .dll file probably is not registered properly on your system. What exactly did you do when you nLite'd your installation source?

That error code means "CLASS_NOT_REGISTERED", so a .dll file probably is not registered properly on your system. What exactly did you do when you nLite'd your installation source?

I have attached file with settings, but it russian, maybe you can read this.

Thenks for help!

LastSession.INI

Yeah if you compare the installer .exe for ie 7 and 8 you will notice they dont function the same way as all the other updates do. So that might be a give away why it isnt working.

My solution for this problem was to use the following, http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4289

It's basically a zip file with all the files required for ie7 + insutrctions on where they are to go, nlite detects all this and will integrate it.

this is for ie7 only though not ie8. Considering ie8 is only in beta.... might be worth holding off as a new version of beta is going to be out soon i think.

This addon for english, but i need russian.

Provide info like that in original post so people can help you better.

Secondly, you might want to check that english version I linked you too, its only a .7z zip file, so you can extract it with 7zip. My point is you might be able to replace the files / replace certain files with russian versions.

I don't think there is going to be a simple answer for you.

Simply download ie7 or ie8 (you choose but I would pick ie7 for now) in your language and add it into your source as a hotfix with nLite...

Russian IE7 link --> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...30-081805b2f90b

IE8 does not come in russian so your choice is made...

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

Offtopic, but a good alternative to IE is GreenBrowser, i even think you can get russian language for it.

It supports windows update, needs automatic updates and BITS service, like IE does, but it works perfect. Also it is portable, very lightweight and fast. Faster then Maxthon and works better for WU in my experience.

Very nice software. Tested with nlite install and i had removed IE and almost everything else too. Works very well. Love that it is portable...

Simply download ie7 or ie8 (you choose but I would pick ie7 for now) in your language and add it into your source as a hotfix with nLite...

Russian IE7 link --> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...30-081805b2f90b

IE8 does not come in russian so your choice is made...

Simply downloaded, add it into my source as a hotfix with nLite, addition has passed successfully, simply does not work, it is not started(write this in firs post).

Offtopic, but a good alternative to IE is GreenBrowser, i even think you can get russian language for it.

It supports windows update, needs automatic updates and BITS service, like IE does, but it works perfect. Also it is portable, very lightweight and fast. Faster then Maxthon and works better for WU in my experience.

Very nice software. Tested with nlite install and i had removed IE and almost everything else too. Works very well. Love that it is portable...

I do not ask to offer me analogues, simply help to install ei7, if cannot it, to write it is necessary nothing.

Provide info like that in original post so people can help you better.

Secondly, you might want to check that english version I linked you too, its only a .7z zip file, so you can extract it with 7zip. My point is you might be able to replace the files / replace certain files with russian versions.

I don't think there is going to be a simple answer for you.

I am unpack IE7-WindowsXP-x86-rus.exe in folder, download addon, unpack addon in same folder with replacement, run iesetup.exe from folder update, next, next, ...,aborted installation, and ie6 has ceased to work(this post from linux). In attachment .log file of this installation.

ie7_main.log.zip

Edited by IvanVL

You can't have both browsers in system simultaneously without doing some editing of where the files go. Having said that i havent tried IE8, nor do i plan to, but it's a fair assumption in scenario of integrating it, that it could overwrite ie7. Thus no profit and you fail at life.

If you need ie8 for webdesign purposes, i would recommend to go with a portable version if such exists.

More offtopic, Accu browser is also great browser, and supports windows updates as well. I love it.