Missing services

Gilou

Hello,

I started to disable unnecessary services from my Win XP with Nlite but it seems many services are missing. With Nlite I have only about 65 services. Besides some of the missing services (for instance Imapi Cd Burning com service, which I would like to disable) are present and activated in on my computer where Windows XP PRO is installed (same base).

Is there a way to display all the services ?

Thanks

I made a new copy of my win XP in which I just integrated the SP3 (did not remove anything) and new services appeared (a total of 82 services). So they must have been removed with the specific files I removed before.

So I guess they won't be engaged with windows (wil they ?)

I installed SP3 first, no worry.

I check that all necessary services are ok, but I noticed that DCOM is missing (not listed in my save of Nlite). Does anyone know what is/are the element(s) I removed that I should not have ? And how to reintegrate it (since the removed elements is not listed anymore) ?

Thanks

EDIT : It seems that it comes from the French translation (of the service DCOM) I can't figure out.

Edited by Gilou

There are 2 tweaks at least in the TWEAKS section in nlite, you didnt enable them?

On a general notice there are many problems that arise from using different languages on a system, f.example should a system file that is not in the same language as the windows native language you installed with, well problems.

It's one of the reasons why Vista came with the Winsxs folder which is while bloated, in the end a good thing, to avoid

such conflicts.