I Want to Know Admininstrator Password

Uméesh

hi guys,

Actually i will always be working in the client login, but i want to know the Administrator Password. how it is possible in Windows XP?

in client login there is no full permission access, i want to install front page 2003 in client but it is not possible,

it says "You should login to Administrator account to perform this action" ....

so is there any solutions to know the Administrator Password?

Unless the user specified the administrator password at install or later, the password is blank by default.

when installing, right-click on the program, then click on "Run as.." and it will give you dialog to choose to run as administrator and enter a password.

Some software must be run with the administrator logged on. Doing runas will not always work for an install. There is freeware killpol - Temporarily remove policy restriction for the current user. You can try this but my guess is that if you’re unable to install with runas you will not be able to install with this either. You will need an administrator password also. If you want the software installed without giving the user an admin password you will need some kind of WMS (windows management system) or SMS (system management server) to push the .msi to the machine or group of machines.

Some software must be run with the administrator logged on. Doing runas will not always work for an install. There is freeware killpol - Temporarily remove policy restriction for the current user. You can try this but my guess is that if you’re unable to install with runas you will not be able to install with this either. You will need an administrator password also. If you want the software installed without giving the user an admin password you will need some kind of WMS (windows management system) or SMS (system management server) to push the .msi to the machine or group of machines.

thank you smiley for your brief description. i'll check it!

Humm, if you're the administrator, you show know the password.

Most likely, it's blank.

yes spacesurfer, i am the administrator and i have given the password, but if somebody wants to know my password... how do they will come to know? is there is any alternate way to find the admin password? i am sure there is a way to find it!

Are you trying to test your security? The easiest way to find passwords is to use a tool to look in auto complete. In my opinion that is the weakest link. However, that doesn’t always work because most people now know to turn that feature off b/c of the security risk. Also, good antivirus software should detect and delete the tool as soon as you try to run it. You can try to crack the password hashes by coping the files needed and using a brute force attack. This could take awhile and by the time you crack it the password would be changed since most admins change there password frequently. If I would try to crack my security I would try to “change” the admin password. I think this would be the easiest way to gain access to the admin account. Another option is to install an OS on a portable device that you are the admin of and boot from the portable device OS. This gives you full access to the computer.

Why do you want to know how to crack your own password??

Are you trying to test your security? The easiest way to find passwords is to use a tool to look in auto complete. In my opinion that is the weakest link. However, that doesn’t always work because most people now know to turn that feature off b/c of the security risk. Also, good antivirus software should detect and delete the tool as soon as you try to run it. You can try to crack the password hashes by coping the files needed and using a brute force attack. This could take awhile and by the time you crack it the password would be changed since most admins change there password frequently. If I would try to crack my security I would try to “change” the admin password. I think this would be the easiest way to gain access to the admin account. Another option is to install an OS on a portable device that you are the admin of and boot from the portable device OS. This gives you full access to the computer.

Why do you want to know how to crack your own password??

yes i need my system to be secure from the guests and clients because i am have an very important data base in my system, so i need security in case if any one try to hack (i mean try to crack the admin) it will be a great lose to me, i knew how to change the admin password and create another accont with limited one... so if there is a chance of hacking the admin password... i will lose all the datas that i have stored!

so i am searching for an alternate way that "how the strangers (guest or clients) can hack my password" :unsure: ....

Microsoft and other reputable security firms publish security guidelines that cover protecting your system from unwanted intruders. If you're at a company and working in a domain environment then I would recommend contacting your Administrator to discuss your concerns.

If you're at home and worried about the exposure from the internet then I would recommend reviewing the security guidelines and implement most of them, depending on what works for what you're trying to do. And get/configure a firewall, other than the software firewall that comes with Windows. Either setup a linux box running iptables or get a small wired (not wireless) router that has a firewall.

If you’re trying to protect a database that is stored on your computer I would recommend moving it to another location. If guest have access to the computer that has the stored database. The database is at risk. Not only from malicious attacks but from users who just don’t know any better. A strategy “hackers” use to try to gain access to computers is to leave a USB flash drive close to the target. When a user finds it the first thing they do is plug the “free” USB flash drive into there computer. Because of the auto run the hackers script will run as soon as they plug the drive in. I recommend moving the database from the local machine and back it up frequently. If that’s the only thing your worried about should be easy to protect.