Networking Windows XP (5 Systems)

Dears,

I'm running a net cafe in my location. my setup includes 5 systems.

1. 1 Media Sharing System
  2. 4 Workstations

I've DSL 512Kbps link services through WiMax. I've Motorola CPE360i for this purpose. My CPE directly connected to my D-Link DES-1008D Switch and all my systems connect through it! I've shared multimedia from my MULTIMEDIA system. Which is Intel D101GGC 3.06GHz 512MB Kingston DDR 160GB Seagate Barracuda SATA. And my workstations are Dell Optilplex Gx150 1.0 GHz 256MB 20GB. I've installed Symantec Antivirus Client 10.0.0.359 on my multimedia system. I've no setup password. But when my client want to listen mp3 or watch video the system asks a password for guest account. I'm tired with this condition. Please help me?

Oh, the joys of a peer-to-peer network!

Could you not just create a dummy account on every client (identical username & password), that way it should only ask for a username & password once and after that it will use the same credentials.

Thanks for replying FAT64. If i create an account named as "dummy" or "something-else" with same password like "123456". Then it works? I'm using Rollback Rx Pro for security of my workstations. It helped me in decreasing the installation. I do not want to create a new snapshot for security reason. Is there any other solution? Please

And what OS(es) are you running here? Seems you use Vista for your server and XP for your clients, am I right?

Then indeed you have to configurate your server and give the clients the permission to read like FAT 64 stated…

I've Windwos XP Pro SP2 :whistle: on my Workstations and Windows XP Pro SP3 :thumbup on Server System. On server system I've all formatted partitions as NTFS. Whenever my client tried to open shared files a popup popped & in user field Guest exist as predefined with greyed condition. Just password field active :unsure: . What should i do? I'm very worried about this condition :angry: . What's your openion, should i switch my OS(s) or do something else? please help me! please please :blushing:

• 2 weeks later...