Processor Gets Overheated Within 5 Seconds

Uméesh

hi guys,

there is a problem with my PC, processor gets overheated within 5 seconds, i don't know what will the reason :unsure:

i am fed up about it!

please guys i want to know that solution why my processor get overheated?

intel pentium 4 processor 3.00 GHz

here is my Motherboard Configurations

General

MPN: GA-8IRML

Product Type: Motherboard

Form Factor: Micro ATX

Width: 20.7 cm

Depth: 24.3 cm

Compatible Processors: Pentium 4

Processor Socket: Socket 478

Supported Processor Packaging: FC-PGA2

Chipset Type: Intel 845 DDR

Max Bus Speed: 400 MHz

BIOS Type: Award

Storage Controller: ATA-100

Processor

Type: Intel Pentium 4 / plug-in module

Packaging Type: FC-PGA2

Installed Qty (Max Supported): 0 ( 1 )

Memory

Supported RAM Technology: DDR SDRAM

Supported RAM Integrity Check: ECC

RAM Installed ( Max ): 0 MB / 2 GB (max) - DIMM 184-PIN

RAM Technology: DDR SDRAM - ECC

Audio

Audio Output: Sound card - PCI

Signal Processor: Intel 845

Sound Output Mode: Stereo - 16-bit

Compliant Standards: AC '97

Telecom / networking

Networking: Network adapter - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet - integrated

Features

BIOS Features: ACPI support, DMI support

Hardware Monitoring: CPU core temperature, system voltage

Sleep / Wake Up: Suspend to RAM (STR), wake on LAN (WOL), wake on ring (WOR)

is the cpu fan spinning? if not, it likely needs to be replaced. if so, does your BIOS show what RPM its running at? are there any obstructions that would prevent airflow to the machine?

I used to do phone tech support for a computer OEM.

this sorta reminds me of a call I took once.

I once worked with a customer who had had her PC replaced once before due to overheating. the technician that came out and setup her PC told her the one she had likely overheated because if all the cat hair jamming up the fans(apparently she was one of those 'cat people' that collect cats) She was having an alarm going off when she turned her PC on and it would shut down within a few minutes. The new system had only been in place for 2 days. I saw the note about her previous system and asked her if the fans might clogged up with cat hair again. Heres the dialog as best as i can remember it:

Me:"I see your previous system failed due to cat hair clogging up the fans. Is the rear fan blocked?"

Cat lady: "No."

Me: "Is the fan spinning?"

Cat lady: "I cant see it."

Me: <-- standard take you PC out of its desk, place on flat surface so we can work on it verbiage-->

Cat lady: "I don't need to. there is no hair in there."

Me: "If you can't see the fan how do you know if its not jammed?"

Cat lady: "The last time the guy said it was clogged up with hair so I wrapped the new one in saran wrap."

My hand went for the mute button so she couldnt hear me laughing my a** off. The rest of the conversation involved explaining the situation to her and scheduling a tech to replace the system again even though I didn't want to (my supervisor made me replace her system)

is the cpu fan spinning?

yes the cpu fan is spinning, but very slow

if not, it likely needs to be replaced. if so, does your BIOS show what RPM its running at? are there any obstructions that would prevent airflow to the machine?

i can't see any display in the monitor, while the CPU fan is running very slow, so it is not possible to go into the BIOS setup :unsure:.

but one reason for the CPU to get heated up is "A Heavy Lightning was produced and hit the power supply.... at that time the system was switched off" i never switched on my PC after the lightning, two days later when i switched on the PC there is no display in the monitor, Both the Hard disk drive and CD-ROM drive blinks and stops..... CPU fan gets On and OFF, thats it :blink:,

then i kept CPU fan separately aside (still connected to Motherboard) i removed the Processor and tried to switch on, the fan is rotating normal as usuall, when i put the processor into the slot, again then the fan runs very slow and the Processor gets heated UP. :wacko:

so do u any idea for it?

then i kept CPU fan separately aside (still connected to Motherboard) i removed the Processor and tried to switch on, the fan is rotating normal as usuall, when i put the processor into the slot, again then the fan runs very slow and the Processor gets heated UP. :wacko:

that tells me your CPU (or possibly the motherboard) are toast. Personally, id replace the Mobo,CPU,Ram and PSU if the machine was plugged in during the storm. 1 of them might be good but usually trying to save a few dollars on parts will just limit you to the older architecture. try to salvage your cd/hard drives and maybe a video card (if its PCIe) but I would consider the system a loss. (though i tend to look for a reason to upgrade :))

that tells me your CPU (or possibly the motherboard) are toast. Personally, id replace the Mobo,CPU,Ram and PSU if the machine was plugged in during the storm. 1 of them might be good but usually trying to save a few dollars on parts will just limit you to the older architecture. try to salvage your cd/hard drives and maybe a video card (if its PCIe) but I would consider the system a loss. (though i tend to look for a reason to upgrade :))

yep, i think there in no problem with my motherboard i am sure because when i removedthe processor from the slot the CPU fan runs normal, so i will try to replace the processor with another one, if the problem repeates the same i will change everything and go for Laptop :rolleyes:

Cat lady: "The last time the guy said it was clogged up with hair so I wrapped the new one in saran wrap."

I believe this. Over the years I've messed about with lotsa stuff, and I've been asked to look at various items including a few vacuum cleaners. Two people who complained that theirs were no longer sucking up had replaced the paper filter bags with plastic bags.

Another woman whose valve TV had ceased to function had vacuumed the inside, removing and cleaning all the valves, and shoving them back into any base that fit.

I also believe the hairs. I was doing removals, and the owner had a couple of dogs. The larger pieces of furniture up against walls had up to a one foot high column of hair behind them.