Which file do I ResHack to remove the little Windows Flag?

Xplodzion

I've been ResHacking my XP to look as clean and as glassy as possible without using any third party programs, one thing I haven't been able to find though, is this little Windows Flag, I want it gone since it looks really out of place, does anyone know the file which contains it? :)

331379k.png

Thanks in advance.

iirc, it's in explorer.exe, shell32.dll and possibly iexplore.exe as well. It's actually a series of bitmaps that are played in rapid succession to imitate an animation. You can use Windows group policies or TweakUI to change it without having to change the source files.

iirc, it's in explorer.exe, shell32.dll and possibly iexplore.exe as well. It's actually a series of bitmaps that are played in rapid succession to imitate an animation. You can use Windows group policies or TweakUI to change it without having to change the source files.

I need to do it through ResHack as they are going into an Nlited disk, I managed to find them in the end, after you suggested that it was a sort of animation, I checked the shell32.dll bmp area and found a huge string of flags like the one in the picture, replaced it with a small transparant pixel and it's now gone, thanks for the help. :thumbup

Edited by Xplodzion

Great work! I have a question im hoping someone knows answear to, im editing shell32.dll among others, but it hit me that, what when/if/probably, windows updates overwrites the file, and all customization is gone?

In short, how to quickly reapply changes, when you want to keep the updated file per se, only also with your custom graphics.

Great work! I have a question im hoping someone knows answear to, im editing shell32.dll among others, but it hit me that, what when/if/probably, windows updates overwrites the file, and all customization is gone?

In short, how to quickly reapply changes, when you want to keep the updated file per se, only also with your custom graphics.

if you use a program called ResHacker you can write scripts to automate it. also i think xpero has made his XPize stuff available for anyone to use.

According to Xpero himself, there is no such thing support for 64bit. And it makes sense, as it gives the reason why there is no xpize support for 64bit. I found a tool called PE Explorer which can modify 64bit os but there seems to be no other way then to manually update 1 icon at the time, so unless you go back to a custom file after a windows update of the file u modified, there is nothing we can do. This is quite sad i think. =(

According to Xpero himself, there is no such thing support for 64bit. And it makes sense, as it gives the reason why there is no xpize support for 64bit. I found a tool called PE Explorer which can modify 64bit os but there seems to be no other way then to manually update 1 icon at the time, so unless you go back to a custom file after a windows update of the file u modified, there is nothing we can do. This is quite sad i think. =(

oh i didnt know we vwere talking about a x64 OS... yeah sux that x64 is still in it's baby stage of life... no support for all the fancy stuff you can do in the 32bit world.