Invasion of bugs, computer on the brink!

MichelleD

Tiny little ants or maybe they are termites are finding a home in my computer, TV, DVD cases, monitor, surge protectors, and household outlets. What solutions do you guys have besides completely fumigating my small studio.

They made a nest in my DVD cases and for some reason it looks like they are eating the graphic paint used for the tops of DVDs

I'm looking for something that can be used to get them out of the computer and monitor right away and then deter them from getting back in and is safe to use on electronics. those bugs are making my screen flicker!

Thanks for any help :blushing:

:blink:

I read bugs and was thinking that you had a lot of, you know, software bugs. Wow... that surprised me. :lol:

Ummmm you might be able to use a vacuum or something... I'm not really sure. Make sure to eliminate any crumbs, etc. that they might be attracted to. DVD's can be washed with soap and water as long as you let them dry completely before using them again.

It seems they took down complete systems, and I´m talking about big ones just a few weeks ago. I have to look up the article again. There is no way to stop them other then killing them, and keep killing them... they are called "cary-(some ones surname, who named them after him) ants".

They're called Crazy Rasberry Ants. You can find videos of them on YouTube. Just look at how nuts this is!

"The ants are not attracted to ordinary ant baits, are not controlled by over-the-counter pesticides, and are harder to fully exterminate because of the fact that their colonies have multiple queens."

"The ants, attracted by electrical current, invade electrical equipment including computers and air conditioners in search of food, and often cause short circuits and other problems because of their sheer numbers jamming or gunking up hardware."

There's a wikipedia article about them too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paratrechina_...ies_near_pubens

• 4 weeks later...