Removing components using vlite v1.1.6 caused 0x0000000f winload.exe e

sliderwkw

Hi I have tried out different configurations and finally caught the culprit that cause the error ""\windows\system32\winload.exe Status 0xC000000f" .

When I tried out the following :

1) Slipstream SP1

2) unattended setup and tweaks

3) create the iso image.

It installs perfectly with no errors and it shows Vista SP1

but when I do the following :

1) Slipstream SP1

2) Removing unnecessary components like games and language packs.

3) unattended setup and tweaks.

4) create the iso image.

It gave the error when it suppose to start to load Windows Vista. It agve the black error screen saying ""\windows\system32\winload.exe Status 0xC000000f"

Hope the author can fix this issue.

It gave the error when it suppose to start to load Windows Vista. It agve the black error screen saying ""\windows\system32\winload.exe Status 0xC000000f"
The c000000f error code means the file on disk is missing or corrupt. You could probably replace it from the installation media after booting from a WinPE or recovery CD and see if that helps.

i kept copying from a clean source, it just gave the same error. it has something to do with the add / remove components. Even if I retry so many times, it is till giving the same results

oh it is a dell oem edition, it works if I just install the dell vista without any vlite changes but once I copied it into a folder and vlite it and removing components, it just gave this error, it has one member here that has the same issues with the exact screenshots too. if I just tweak and unattended modified it, yeah it works but not modifying the components.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm new here, but I have been using vLite a lot. (Great Tool)

I have the same problem. I can use vLite fine if I just slipstream SP1 and apply tweaks, but I get the winload.exe error if I remove any components. This happenes to my Vista Ult. x64 from Newegg.

May I hear how some of you remove components without this error.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. I can use vLite fine if I just slipstream SP1 and apply tweaks, but I get the winload.exe error if I remove any components. This happenes to my Vista Ult. x64 from Newegg.

Please attach your preset and I'll try it.

Slipstreamed Vista is quite easy to break, that is why MS locked out SP1 slipstream.

• 5 weeks later...

Please attach your preset and I'll try it.

Slipstreamed Vista is quite easy to break, that is why MS locked out SP1 slipstream.

Hi Nuhi,

I have the same problems (and then some) as you can read in my post here

Hope you can solve this... I never was able to install a slimmed down Vista SP1 due to this error(s). Thanks in advance!

Last_Session.ini

Edited by nuhi

First things first: A sensational program! Thanks a lot!

@topic: I just had a related issue. I slipstreamed SP1 into my Dell OEM (Home Premium), burned an ISO and so on. I used this just now for a system rebuild and it works fine. BEFORE THAT, however, I tried it with a version, where I first had slipstreamed SP1 into said Dell OEM and afterwards used the slimming features. I removed cautiously. When I tried to install from this ISO I got an error after this first black screen which says "Loading Windows" or whatever. Error message is a classic: "Stop : c000021 unknown hard error \ systemroot \ system 32 \ ntdll.dll".

If anybody needs any files for that, I may be able to provide them. It's just for the records. I am right now trying to slim a slipstreamed version only in matters of languages. See if that works.

Edit: A version, where I first slipstreamed SP1 into Vista Home Premium and later removed languages and most printer drivers as well as two or three other small things worked perfectly.

Edited by Proto-Omega