unattended sp3 and automatic updates

damasko

hello, I created an automated installation, but in the end, after last reboot, windows asks me to configure automatic updates and choose a username.

can that point be automated too?

I used nlite default options, "hide pages" method.

and another strange thing:

even if I set automatic updates "notify only" in nlite, the asking dialog appears in the installation end.

so I set "not right now" in that setting, but in the installed machine I find it set to "fully atuomated"! different from unattended setting (notify only) and also different from installation setting (not right now)!

why? did I wrong something?

thanks

hello, I created an automated installation, but in the end, after last reboot, windows asks me to configure automatic updates and choose a username.

can that point be automated too?

I used nlite default options, "hide pages" method.

and another strange thing:

even if I set automatic updates "notify only" in nlite, the asking dialog appears in the installation end.

so I set "not right now" in that setting, but in the installed machine I find it set to "fully atuomated"! different from unattended setting (notify only) and also different from installation setting (not right now)!

why? did I wrong something?

thanks

Yes, if you would like to remove the automatic updates method, you have 3 options. "Download and Notify" Download and Install" and "Notify".

Select Download and Install.

Also, on your user name issue. It depends if your using Home or Pro. Home is more tempermental then Pro. But I run into the same issue too with the user names. I tend to not care and just type it in. I am happy at that point. But if your not, just make sure the admin account is active. If you are using Home, you have to setup another account using nLite.

Just keep messing with the automated install settings and run it on Virtual PC. Once you have what you want, then burn it.

Yes, if you would like to remove the automatic updates method, you have 3 options. "Download and Notify" Download and Install" and "Notify".

Select Download and Install.

Also, on your user name issue. It depends if your using Home or Pro. Home is more tempermental then Pro. But I run into the same issue too with the user names. I tend to not care and just type it in. I am happy at that point. But if your not, just make sure the admin account is active. If you are using Home, you have to setup another account using nLite.

Just keep messing with the automated install settings and run it on Virtual PC. Once you have what you want, then burn it.

I choosed "notify only" in nlite but installation shows again the question.

regarding user name: I configured only administrator in nlite, should I create also a limited user?

you dont need to make a limited user account if you will not use it, it would be a bit safer to use a limited account on every day use. You have to decide this for yourself. I always run full admin.

about your run in with automatic updates setting, i have never encountered such a problem as i either fully disable it, or remove it. I have never tried other options, lol, so dont know.

regarding user name: I configured only administrator in nlite, should I create also a limited user?

With Home, you need to create an admin account aside from "administrator". Normal install behaviour is to have you create it at OOBE and if it's the only one you create, autologing. Not autologing "administrator".