Windows Setup Classic Style

godan

Hello... I have a question and I can't find the answer anywhere so I figured I would ask here. When the option is selected to have windows installed using the classic setup style in nlite what files are being used? I want to know so I can edit the resources (bmp's and such) and I dont have a clue where to start looking.

Ok, let me continue guessing ;)

For classic setup style you need to delete WINNTBBU.DLL and WINNTBBA.DLL files from i386 folder.

What you see in the background of classic setup is inside of SETUP_W.BM_ file - change it to your BMP file and you'll see what you like during setup.

PS You can edit WINNTBBU.DLL (and WINNTBBA.DLL depending of installation media) file to have your own screens in usual XP setup rutine ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Hello... I have a question and I can't find the answer anywhere so I figured I would ask here. When the option is selected to have windows installed using the classic setup style in nlite what files are being used? I want to know so I can edit the resources (bmp's and such) and I dont have a clue where to start looking.

Same query any one please help guys.