Automatically setting theme on installation

Hi,

How do I automatically change the theme to one that I install in addons, so that when I boot Windows for the first time, the theme is automatically set to one that I choose? And where can I find a complete theme pack in these forums or somewhere else?

There are only a few signed XP themes that will work without a patched uxtheme.dll:

Luna - This is the default theme that is included with all Windows XP versions. It contains 3 color schemes, Default (blue), Olive Green, and Silver.

Royale / Elec Blue - New theme included with XP MCE, and maybe Tablet PC. I recall reading the themes differ slightly between MCE and Tablet PC, but not sure how. One version was also released by Microsoft New Zealand but Microsoft.com no longer hosts it.

Royale Noir - New theme that was leaked initially at Istartedsomething.com, it is not packaged nicely for installation, but can be mixed with the Royale theme to make a single Royale theme with 2 color schemes.

Zune - Looks very much like the Royale Noir theme, but has an included background and some of the buttons (Start for example) are different colors (a bit more orange).

There are other themes from Microsoft, but these are usually remixes of Luna with new backgrounds, screen savers, icons, sounds, etc.

I've figured out how to add them to my XP CD using $OEM$, but not how to set them by default.

Edited by ScottCooperDotNet

Hi,

How do I automatically change the theme to one that I install in addons, so that when I boot Windows for the first time, the theme is automatically set to one that I choose? And where can I find a complete theme pack in these forums or somewhere else?

in your winnt.sif file put the following code

[Shell]
CustomDefaultThemeFile = "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\YourThemeName.theme"
DefaultStartPanelOff = Yes
DefaultThemesOff = No

Put your theme and supporting files in

$OEM$\$\Resources\Themes

and make sure you patch your uxtheme.dll with nLite or download it here UXTheme Multi-patcher 6.0

And as an alternative you can have a look at this thread Themes and Wallpapers