Vlite wouldn't work

enigma96

I installed vlite and I am trying to slipstream SP1 for vista 64 bit Home Premium. Everytime it gets the files it needs from the original dvd it gives me an error "Mounting Image Error" code 2147024873 now I did what it said and restarted my computer so the filter manager would work, but that does nothing it still gives me that error. Now I have Vista 32 bit installed. Does it matter if its 64bit vista I'm trying to slipstream?

Thanks

For my experience in vista with vlite

i was able to install 32bit update using vista x64 and not able to integrate 64bit update using vista x86.

And therefore, in vlite theres is the Help Symbol in the integration part for update that appear if you can't integrate x64 update from vista x86

My memory kicked in and i remembered i saw this some time ago:

quote from http://neosmart.net/blog/2007/windows-xp-x...ack-2-released/

FelipeGeekJun. 9th, 2007 at 4:52 am

I figured out how to slipstream SP2 for an x64 XP CD fileset while from 32bit Windows. Download the Windows2003 SP2 32bit version (WindowsServer2003-KB914961-SP2-x86-ENU) and the x64 SP2 (WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB914961-SP2-x64-ENU) files from MS. Extract them both with your favorite compatible file archive util ( I used Uniextractor ). Copy the binary files (dll/exe/msi) from the 32bit version's 'update' folder into the 'update' folder on the 64bit version. I used nlite 1.3.5 to do the integration but I suspect the appropriate commandline execution of 'update.exe' would also work.

-felipe