pc constantly freezes

mikey5194

hey, i have a windows xp, pentium 4 3.00ghz, with 512mb of ram, i also have a sapphire radeon 9500 atlantis pro installed to boost all of my games.

when i go on it, after a while it just freezes, especially on games.

its not virus rlated because i've searched the whole pc, and its not the graphics card, because it did it before i installed the card.

can anyone help?

thanks, in advance.

hey, i have a windows xp, pentium 4 3.00ghz, with 512mb of ram, i also have a sapphire radeon 9500 atlantis pro installed to boost all of my games.

when i go on it, after a while it just freezes, especially on games.

its not virus rlated because i've searched the whole pc, and its not the graphics card, because it did it before i installed the card.

can anyone help?

thanks, in advance.

hey mikey, try uninstalling the Radeon Graphics card drivers and try to remove the Radeon Graphics card. then start the system and carry on the work if the system freezes the problem will be within the operating system, try to reinstall windows xp... then check once again! if the problem is continuing contact the system administrator!

Edited by Uméesh

If it freezes especially in games, then the first thing I'd probably check out is overheating? Make sure its not just all full of dust.

PSU is probably also worth checking out (perhaps see if you can find a spare one or borrow a friends).

i would suggest checking to see if the cpu is overheating

i agree.. cpu overheating will cause the computer to freeze up. clean out all dust and what not from the fan,,, and next time if you can tell its about to freeze up, take a can of air duster, turn it upside down and spray it directly on the cpu heatsink that frost should cool it down some :rolleyes: