VLite - Windows Vista folder

roger99

OK, here is how to do it. From the looks of the picture, you are trying to use vLite on an already installed version of Windows, and that won't work, that is why you are getting the error message.

Create a new folder. With just one drive in your computer, I'd shoot for something like C:\VistaLite and then put the Vista DVD into your DVD drive. Stop the Auto installation window that will probably open up, and then close it.

Fire up vLite then use the Browse button on the page that you sent the screenshot of to locate Vista in the DVD drive. Once you do that, it will prompt you to select the folder to save the contents to. That's when you use the Browse button again to select the folder that you created earlier (for example C:\VistaLite). When you have that done, begin the copy process.

It might take 10 or 20 minutes depending on your system, but when it is done, you'll be presented with a Window prompting you to select which version of Vista you want.

The rest is self-explanatory from there. Just be sure to browse the forum here, because I believe that there is a guide to using vLite properly, if I remember correctly.

I can still the same error message when I did as you wrote. Could it be something with the contents of the dvd `one? "create factory default disc" I chose when I made dvd `a, for it is correct?

Make a new folder somewhere and call it vista lite (or whatever you want). Pop in the vista dvd, Go to my computer and rite click on the dvd drive and go to explore. Highlight all of the files on the disc and copy then (rite click>copy, or ctrl+c). Go to the folder you made and paste it in there (rite click paste, or ctrl+v). Wait till it copy's. Boot up vlite and browse to the folder with the files you just copyed (NOT THE DVD DRIVE). Select your OS and your on your way.

Do you have the Vista DVD, or is this Acer Recovery Disks?

If it is the latter, you need to search the Recovery Disks for a file called install.vim or something with the file/files ending in.wim. These are the files you can use to slipstream to.

See this thread for more info.

If you do not have these, then you need a Vista DVD.

atlef.

Hi and thanks for all your help I've received! But it does not look like it will work for me.

It not followed any Vista DVD wheni bought this PC, so I had to create a one after the PC was installed. On the DVD I burned itself, I found only a file that was ending. WIM, it was "BOOT.WIM".

So i must buy a Vista DVD to make a Vista vlite version ?