Does anyone have experience

:hello:

If there are any experienced and empathetic AutoIt users out there that could for example just show me the code for installing chemsketch silently, I could work on the rest of the programs listed below by myself. I must admit I tried to figure out how to use the AutoIt parameters for installing Chemsketch until 4:00 this morning and am still stumped. I couldn't get past the licensing page. For those people that have had someone to give them some hints it's all pretty easy hmm? (*rub my eyes*). :blink:

I still don't have silent installers for:

ACDLabs Chemsketch

Geogebra

Deadline Equation Solver

PageDefrag

Auslogic Registry Defrag

I figured out how to silently install my firefox extensions externally without integrating them into the firefox setup routine, just in case I still wanted to add some more. If anyone is interested in knowing that code, here it is:

Firefox extensions:

for %%e in ("path to your firefox extensions here\*.xpi") do "path to firefox.exe here\firefox.exe" -install-global-extension "%%e"

Firefox themes:

for %%e in ("path to your firefox themes here\*.jar") do "path to firefox.exe here\firefox.exe" -install-global-theme "%%e"

Edited by Dislocated Time

For chemistry software:

Opt("TrayIconDebug", 1)
Opt("SendKeyDelay", 200)
; Executable file name
$EXECUTABLE = "chemsk11.exe"
$title = "ACD/Labs Software Setup Wizard v11.01"
; Installation folder
$INSTALLLOCATION = @ProgramFilesDir & "\ACDFREE11"

If FileExists($INSTALLLOCATION & "\CHEMSK.EXE") Then
MsgBox(0x40010, @ScriptName, "Please uninstall previous version of ACD/Labs before using this script", 4)
Exit
EndIf

; Run the installer
Run($EXECUTABLE)

; Welcome to the ACD/Labs Software Setup Wizard
WinWait($title, "ACD/Labs Software, v11.00, Build: Dec/17/2007")
WinActivate($title, "ACD/Labs Software, v11.00, Build: Dec/17/2007")
ControlClick($title, "", "TBitBtn3")

; End-User License Agreement
WinWait($title, "I &accept the terms in the License Agreement")
WinActivate($title, "I &accept the terms in the License Agreement")
ControlCommand($title, "", "TRadioButton2", "Check", "")
ControlClick($title, "", "TBitBtn2")

; Custom Setup of ACD/Labs Software Components
WinWait($title, "&Details...")
WinActivate($title, "&Details...")

; Programs Folder of Start Menu
WinWait($title, "Create icons for &all users")
WinActivate($title, "Create icons for &all users")

; ACD/Labs Software Optional Setup
WinWait($title, "Clear &All")
WinActivate($title, "Clear &All")
ControlClick($title, "", "TBitBtn4")

; Ready to Start Installation
WinWait($title, "&Install")
WinActivate($title, "&Install")
ControlClick($title, "", "TBitBtn2")

; Ready to Start Installation
WinWait($title, "&Finish")
WinActivate($title, "&Finish")
ControlCommand($title, "", "TCheckBox2", "UnCheck", "")

• Geogebra:
    http://www.geogebra.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2874
  • Pagedefrag:
    if the EULA popup disturbs you, look for a registry value that is created after accepting it. just import that to the registry unattended in your installation and you should be set.
  • Auslogic Registry Defrag:
    uses the InnoSetup installer system, you can create an answer file by running 'setup.exe /saveinf="file.inf"'. The other way around is (obviously) 'setup.exe /loadinf="file.inf"'

:thumbup Thank you!

Now I'm having problems trying to backtrack and figure out how that information is captured by AutoIt, because it doesn't show how to do that in the help file. I'm not too stupid to get the "Hello World" part done, but the recorder i.e. recording part is not explained very well in the program documentation or help files.

I tend to treat AutoIt as the last option. Most Installer systems for Windows have silent switches or a possibility to define answer files. The problem is that there is not "one way to rule them all".

Yes, I agree, there seems to be so much individuality in writing programs that no form of patent answer could possibly exist.

I would love to be able to use the windows post installer, but that seems even more complicated and I'm not a programmer even though I taught myself a little about writing batch files in MSDOS.

After reading a bit on WPIW, I take that back, it seems that WPIW isn't quite as complicated as AutoIt.

Where can I find more information about the AutoIt recording procedure?

Edited by Dislocated Time

Download and install Scite.

Use %programfiles%\AutoIt3\SciTE\ScriptWriter\AU3Record.exe for recording.

I don't use recording.

Download and install Scite.

Use %programfiles%\AutoIt3\SciTE\ScriptWriter\AU3Record.exe for recording.

I don't use recording.

That is the only feature of AutoIt that i use for two or three programs. The recorder function is great and easy to use.

The recorder function is great and easy to use.

I tried to use the recorder function in the same state as it was installed on the program Chemsketch and I got the following results:

Opt("WinWaitDelay",100)

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",4)

Opt("WinDetectHiddenText",1)

Opt("MouseCoordMode",0)

Run('D:\Documents and Settings\Adelheid\Desktop\chemsk11.exe')

Then I tried to compile it and it wasn't a silent install...

of course that's pretty naive, but I have no idea how to configure AutoIt to really record the whole sequence correctly.

but I have no idea how to configure AutoIt to really record the whole sequence correctly.

Don't forget to check Record Window Text in Recorder.

Use just the send keys not mouse clicks (TAB to move, Space to check buttons and click the buttons, ENTER to click the buttons, ALT+F4 to close some explorer windows opened by installer at the end of installation. Anyway I tried to record an installation progress for CamStudio 2.0 and the script needs to be edited to work properly. Is better to learn some functions and made the script yourself. Control functions is more reliable than Send keystrokes.

Edited by radix

This procedure allows you to quickly perform the installation for a number of computers. The idea is that during the primary installation on one computer, all of the responses to the setup program requests and questions are written to a specified response file, which then can be copied to another computer, and the setup program will perform the installation in silent mode using this file.

1. On any of the local computers, start the installation by running the chemsk10_.exe from the command-line mode using the /A switch:

chemsk10_.exe /a

2. After setup program runs, on the Welcome panel of the ACD/Labs Software Setup Wizard that appears, click Next to proceed to the Administrative Page.

3. In the Silent Script area, select the option corresponding to the silent script type you want to be created during installation. This can be either the proprietary ACD/Labs script or the standard Windows Installer (MSI).

4. Under Save Script To, type the fully qualified pathname (or click Browse) for the location where the response file will be written. The ACD/Labs script files are text files with the extension .TXT and the Windows Installer files have the .MSI file extension.

Important Make sure that the folder location specified here is write accessible for creating the script files.

5. Click Next , and then complete the installation. ChemSketch will now have been installed on the computer.

6. If you have chosen the ACD/Labs silent script to be generated, then open the newly created script file. An example file is shown below:

/LA:Y

/ST:1

/DP:C:\Users\robin.000\AppData\Local\Temp\acdstp01\ Disk1\

/UN:Robin

/UC:ACD/Labs

/AERI:N

/SD:C:\ACDFREE10\

/SF:ACDLABS 10.0(Free)

/SC4A:Y

/IOD:Y

/LICSRV.SERVER.ENABLED:N

/LICSRV.PROXY.ENABLED:N

/LICSRV.PROXY.AUTHENABLED:N

The line starting with "/DP:" above is where the required installation files are extracted to during the initial installation procedure. The “Disk1” folder contains the files SETUP.EXE, DISK1.BIN, DISK1.TXT and a folder EXTSOFT. The path “C:\Users\robin.000\AppData\Local\Temp\” in this example is the local user’s %TEMP% directory.

If you want to share this silent installation script with other users, you will need to copy this Disk1 folder to a shared folder on your computer or on a network accessible drive. Then edit the path in the script file to point to the new location of the DISK1 folder. Be sure to copy this script.txt file into this DISK1 folder as well.

To perform the silent installation on another computer, the user will need to navigate to the new location of the Disk1 folder and enter the following command-line string:

setup.exe script.txt