845gv chipset audio drivers

divine_islet

Hi friends,i need urgent help coz i had to format my pc as there were many viruses in my computer.And,i lost the cd which contained all the audio drivers for my 845gv chipset motherboard.Now,i have been looking all over the interent to download the audio drivers i need,but in vain.So,please help me out by letting me know what the name of the driver is tht i need to download for the kind of motherbaord i have.My pc has been functioning with no audio for three weeks now.

You know, if you want people to help you, you need to provide a "lot" more info than what you posted. That said, have you tried going to the manufacturer's web site, quite often they post everything you need and can be easily downloaded. There are also a number of websites where you can download for free the necessary drivers, based on the spec's that you should have on your computer. The "Intel" info that you provided is just "not" enough.

Hope this helps.

You know, if you want people to help you, you need to provide a "lot" more info than what you posted. That said, have you tried going to the manufacturer's web site, quite often they post everything you need and can be easily downloaded. There are also a number of websites where you can download for free the necessary drivers, based on the spec's that you should have on your computer. The "Intel" info that you provided is just "not" enough.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for replying to my post.I hardly have any info about computers,so i don't know what kind of info i could give you.What info do you need.You can ask me questions.

Is it a notebook, a stationary computer, What windows operating system.

What is the model name of either mainboard inside stationary computer OR name of the notebook.

I dont see how this is so difficult to understand you need to provide information for.

No one can start trouble shooting unless they have a name and a adress if u understand.

Name of chipset means little. It could be anything for that matter.

Check http://www.msfn.org/board/Windows-XP-drive...999#entry748999

A local mission to help in finding drivers. Also tools as DriverMax can help.

Edited by TranceEnergy

• 3 weeks later...

Three possibilities for desktop "845GV" motherboards, divine_islet:

Intel® Desktop Board D845GVAD2

Intel® Desktop Board D845GVFN

Intel® Desktop Board D845GVSR

The D845GVFN & D845GVSR boards use Realtek AC97 audio drivers while the D845GVAD2 board uses Intel AC97 audio drivers.

Intel Integrated Audio Driver [5.10.3686] for WinXP (Intel D845GVAD2 board only):

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Des...on〈=eng

Realtek AC97 Audio driver [5.10.0.6020] for WinXP (Intel D845GVFN & D845GVSR boards):

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Des...on〈=eng

please try any of the audio drivers I've mentioned. If one of them doesn't work, then use the other one.

Edited by erpdude8