New Windows Update Agent 3.0 available

Tomalak

any solution to integrate the latter to hfslip? ... I've tried and redirected Wind and Microsoft Update to install the activex... I have also copied the new muauth.cab created when you install the activex to the folder hfcabs but it does not work .. thanks

Have you verified compliance with the hotfix webpage? Can you attach your hfsliplog file?

muweb_site.cab is new version (7,2,6001,788) and muauth.cab is the resulting after update the ActiveX control in the first inning on Windows Update (SoftwareDistribution folder in Windows folder)....

but even so still asking me to install activex in the first inning to windows update.

thanks

log.rar

Edited by willydejoe1234

willydejoe1234 - Please include the recommended hotfixes on the update page and report back. You got some extras there. Also, you may want to consider renaming your REG file so there is not a space in it so it would get parsed correctly. Can you get a regshot of the registry changes after you accept to install the activex? Sorry not much help otherwise.

engert100 - your question is better suited for a different forum. HFLSIP isn't a WSUS forum. :)

I feel very wrong .... having effectively with the current muweb_site.cab and muauth.cab generated after update activex everything works perfect in a clean installation without change ... my error was generated by the modified files of sitem32... I apologize again......... thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I was just looking for the 7.2.6001.788 version for Vista w/SP1 when in my investigations found the below direct links. They can be used with vLite to add them to your image. If this has already been posted then I won't take offense to this reply getting deleted.

WUClient ActiveX - 7.2.6001.788 (x86)

WUClient Aux - 7.2.6001.788 (x86)

WUClient Core - 7.2.6001.788 (x86)

I found the links above in "%SYSTEMROOT%\WindowsUpdate.log". Hope this helps someone.

Enjoy...