sp1, where r u!?

iggyyggi

I'm unable to locate the sp1 service installation file to slipstream into the Vista Home Premium backup copy I wish to make. Would someone give me a heads up on where it is located (ie. name and folder location on the harddrive)?

If you only have the five language sp1, search for "Windows6.0-KB936330-X86-wave0.exe" on your hard drive.

If you have the more-than-five language one, search for "Windows6.0-KB936330-X86-wave1.exe" (I think...not sure, since I don't use the multi-language SP1).

--radigast

Ok, I tried searching for both of those executable files and nothing is to be found. (Searched using "Everywhere", "Computer", and "Local Hard Drives (C:;D:))

And yes, before anyone thinks otherwise, I do have the service pack installed (Microsoft Windows Vista: Home Edition, Service Pack 1, (06.00.6001.00))

Now granted, I may have not utilized the search properly. I'm more at ease with XP and Linux (Kubuntu). The computer/OS I'm trying to slipstream is normally used by the other half, I only use it on infrequent occasions. I did do the search without any restrictive parameters and checkmarked the "Include non-indexed, hidden and system files (might be slow)" box.

Ok, I downloaded the stand alone version and tried to run the executable. It will not run, just a pop up stating that "Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is already installed".

And that came as a suprise because? If you want to slipstream into something, you must do that via vlite as you know.

Ok, I downloaded the stand alone version and tried to run the executable. It will not run, just a pop up stating that "Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is already installed".

And that came as a suprise because? If you want to slipstream into something, you must do that via vlite as you know.

Thanks for the tactless and unhelpful post. Sarcasm is just what someone asking for help looks forward to. If I'm unable to locate the service pack 1 file on my computer so as to be able to direct vlite to its location for the slipstream then hangin.gif.

Thread breakdown: Can't locate the sp1 service installation file on my computer for the slipstream. Told to search for a couple of sp1 .exe files (either/or) that should be located on the computer... somewhere. Unable to find said files. Told to download a standalone version. Unable to because sp1 is already installed on the computer... somewhere. Pettiness.

Just install vLite. Once it's installed, and you have downloaded but not run the SP1 service executable, open vLite and when it asks for the file to slipstream into the source, give it the service executable. vLite will automatically extract it's contents and perform the slipstream for you.

See here for more information: http://www.msfn.org/board/Tutorial-Build-W...-D-t114957.html